Is this head shaking

monkey100

Visit site
Last november my native pony has allergic rhinitis, he was scoped by the vet and blood vessels in nasal passages were inflamed, he had a course of cortizone but this did not help. The vet started to say about him being a head shaker and it was habit, what he does is snort more than he should do when ridden. He has had two months off work and turned him out in field, am now bringing him back into work and he is still doing it not violently but more than normal. Does anyone have any ideas, the problem is that I show him so a nose net is not an option. any ideas greatly recieved if I could get this under control somehow it would be great.

Tempi

Visit site
my mare is a head shaker, but hers is due to a pollen/dust allergy. i feed her skratch and zephyr combined by Global Herbs - it worked wonders on her, she was a different horse. If you do a google on Global Herbs, then look up their phone number on their website and give them a call, they are really helpful.

monkey100

Visit site
thanks very much will give it a try, do you have a problem with her during the winter,do you keep her in, does she have to have horseage.

Tempi

Visit site
antihestimine for horses works out at approx £6 a day!! far too expensive imo, as i looked into going down this route with my mare - global herbs is definately worth it, and around £20 a month, so nowhere near £6 a day!!
blush.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
I suffer with allergic rhinitis, Don't take antihistamines as they make me drowsy. Anyone know anything that works for humans??