Visit site
IMG00132.jpg

IMG00134.jpg

IMG00137.jpg

IMG00145.jpg

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Unless they are old pics, and/or she's a maiden mare, I wouldn't think she is big enough in the right place to be pregnant.
I have been wrong before...but I'd just say it was curves.
S
grin.gif

f_s_

Visit site
I would say curves too!

Do you have a reason to believe she might have been a naughty girl?!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
or a randy teenager has got to her?
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IWTO

Visit site
Shes not been naughty or a tart, shes a good girl you know!

However, she was in with a colt for a few weeks a while back (I cant figure out the correct dates, we are guestimating around last summer and he was the same age as her)

I kicked up a fuss over the fact he was fertile and i got kicked off the yard over it (short version of story)

My vet said it has been known, but obviously she was moved within a few weeks and i was sure nothing had ever happened but i visited her last week and she was NOT looking like that which is why it has worried me..

f_s_

Visit site
Ummm!!! Has she had access to good grazing over the last few weeks??

Just a thought as at this time of the year they can fill out pretty quickly!
smile.gif

If he covered her this time last year, then I would say no, she's not triangle enough imo to be in foal
smile.gif

Could be wrong though! Stranger things and all that....!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'd be inclined to get your vet out to check for sure, wouldn't like to say either way but it has been known many times, only takes a second so weeks together would have been luxury!
grin.gif
I'd be in the 75% IS camp.

IWTO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No, not a tart, it was true and everylasting love
grin.gif

Hate to say it, but as I have recently learnt, colts are fertile and interested from the age of six months...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! This is why i kicked up a fuss and got thrown off for being a trouble maker.. if she is pregnant hes getting a vet bill through his sodding door and a very angry BBB hand posting it.

His colt was a Tb and estimated to be 17hh.. shes only 13.2hh surely a baby of that size would:
A) Kill her during birth and
B) Show her as much bigger than she is if she was preggers?

IWTO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm!!! Has she had access to good grazing over the last few weeks??

[/ QUOTE ]

her grazing is very good, but shes been there since winter however i am hoping this is the reason and unsure whether i should muzzle her or get the vet out first?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

Hate to say it, but as I have recently learnt, colts are fertile and interested from the age of six months...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! This is why i kicked up a fuss and got thrown off for being a trouble maker.. if she is pregnant hes getting a vet bill through his sodding door and a very angry BBB hand posting it.

His colt was a Tb and estimated to be 17hh.. shes only 13.2hh surely a baby of that size would:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. All crossed that it's just the good grass! I could hazard all sorts of guesses, but I know next to nowt about breeding horses! Post this on Breeding and see what response you get?

Hugses, and a calming hot choccy.

f_s_

Visit site
Well it's not a particularly good idea to put a 17hh to a 13.2h but, I was always lead to believe that the foal would grow according to the size of the mare.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the foal will be end up the same size, but that whilst it's in the womb, the foal will only grow to the size the mare can accommodate.

Better to have the vet out to check, just to be on the safe side.

Please tell me if I'm wrong!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

abracadabra

Visit site
the foal can only grow as big as the mares uterus will allow surely?
i thought the size of a foal was based 80% on the size of the mare...

IWTO

Visit site
Im sad guys
frown.gif

I will be absolutly beside myself with anger if she is and i will be making him pay for it.

Shes only a baby and he was one of those 'i know everything' idiots even when i called my vet up to speak to him to tell him he was wrong he just swore and threw abuse in my face that my vet knows nothing.

I moved her out of the field as soon as i could and then got chucked off anyway.

f_s_

Visit site
Exactly what I was trying to say!
grin.gif

Can't find the right words this morning, sorry!!! Remnants of last night!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well look on the bright side - if she is pregnant, it's possibly going to be quite nice.

The foal will only grow as big as her uterus - but you would certainly want to be on hand for foaling just in case she needs assistance.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'd get the vet out to check.
I really can't tell from your photos but I would suggest looking at her from above. When we bought a former broodmare who we were assured WASN'T in foal I was riding behind her, looking down and said"I don't think that mare has a waist any more!". It turned out of course that she was in foal.
I don't want to add to your worries, but she had been 'accidentally' put to a much bigger stallion and we lost the very big foal at one month old. She was about 10 and had had six foals previously, so different from yours, in that she could expand to accomodate a big foal.

abracadabra

Visit site

[/ QUOTE ]

Well look on the bright side - if she is pregnant, it's possibly going to be quite nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i was thinkiing that too
smile.gif

Cliqmo

Visit site
The first one and last one look like she IS preggers, but in the others she just looks quite porky
tongue.gif
Any chance of a photo taken from behind her?

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The first one and last one look like she IS preggers, but in the others she just looks quite porky
tongue.gif
Any chance of a photo taken from behind her?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree - a picture from directly behind would be much more helpful and clear.