Is this normal?!

JJ2

Visit site
My mare has been at stud recently. She went the first time and unfortunately had a pregnancy but re-absorbed.
frown.gif

She has been back with me now for a week after her second time at stud and seems fine in herself and all is well. We are just waiting for her scan in a weeks time to see if she has taken this time.
However, she has been having some milky coloured discharge a few times a day. Only a small amount is coming out at a time but i am worried this is not a good sign as she didnt have this the first time round!
I have spoken to my vet who says not to worry but it is still happening even a week after her being at stud.
Any thoughts? Should i be worried?
confused.gif

JJ2

Visit site
Right....been at the vets this moring with said mare and vet has done a viginal examination and all seems well, no discharge or infection from the Uterus. He thinks the gunk is from her being a little older and when she has a wee some of it going back in if that makes sense. He said nothing to worry about. He also scanned her again and again said all looked well but just a little too early to see if she is pregnant this time.
He has suggested for next year caslicking her?! He thinks she is sucking in air after being covered so thinks this will help her conceive for next year.

Feel much better for getting her check now though!

Thanks for the advice.