Is THIS the new BSJA jacket????

MagicMelon

Visit site
http://www.johnwhitakerintltd.com/index.asp?sessionx=IWU6IwbrNwB6IHqiNwF6IHqi

Is this the one? If so, OMG look at the price! I have looked forward to these jackets being launched but I dont fancy forking out that much for one! Do they forget most of us BSJA'ers aren't all minted.....?

And the colours sound very dull. I thought there'd be something vaguelly exciting like baby blue but nope.

This might not be it, but I spotted it and I know its JW who are making them, they do look like the ones which were used on OFOH and there are 6 colours.

GTs

Visit site
It must be expensive to make - you can tell they have no money to spare with the use of that model. Pretty girl, but not model material.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oooooh bitchy! GTs, have you had a bad day?!
wink.gif

GTs

Visit site
No it just stood out at me - she is not smiling, looking miserable, has a pimple on her chin, her hair looks like something out of the 70s, etc. She is pretty, but needs to work on modelling.

GTs

Visit site
That is fine, just spend more money on the shoot. I dated a Maxim model, yes she was pretty, but the make up, hair, photographer makes it quality.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, that's true. They could have made a better pic with a proper model. And not just standing there - they should do excellent ones like Mountain Horse do (action type ones) Its not like the Whitakers dont have enough gorgeous horses to prance about on....!

Malibu

Visit site
when i looked at the jacket i thought two things, crap jacket and crap model, im not too sure which one cost more as surely that model cannot have been paid for that job!?!?

seza

Visit site
yes - that is the same one as on OFOH. They are designed to be made up in a rider's 'colours'. The are stretchy and the name can be welded into the material. My son described is like wet suit material. The will be acceptable for the ring although I feel a lot of riders may stick to the more traditional style.

runaway

Visit site
I think if they are acceptible for the ring they are rather too casual looking. The more traditional style should be kept, why do things always have to get "modernised"?

If they were just a casual jacket they are not anything special to look at and at £100 was it? are quite pricey!

Rizz1a

Visit site
I think theres other people bringing out jackets as well. I heard someone at the BSJA stand saying that other manufacturers are bringing out the jackets and that the designs are all different. Not sure who else is doing them though but arent they launching them at HOYS?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Personally I think the jacket looks horrible. It looks nothing more than a tracksuit top or an up market fleece. As for the price, you know it's going to be way over priced if it's got the John Whitaker Signature label on it.
I know that the normal show jackets are sometimes very warm etc but they really do look smart.
If this is the new jacket it's the beginning of the end, next thing will be that they will allow those riding trainer type shoes in the ring......
frown.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It must be expensive to make - you can tell they have no money to spare with the use of that model. Pretty girl, but not model material.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty girl?
crazy.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty girl?
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she could be - her nose looks almost perfect from that angle, her chin seems large but would look better with a smile (a big cheesey one) her hair looks appauling. She should go to a salon, and not the lady in the high street. With a professional photographer, and his posse I think she would look quite reasonable.

It is funny the girl I dated who modeled for Maxim, yes she was pretty but quite plain - when you got the team behind her took her pictures she looked $1,000,000. Awful in bed though!

MagicMelon

Visit site
So there will be other styles?! I thought the whole point was that the modern jackets where all the same (will definately look very casual if they're all different?!).

I dont like Whitaker clothing anyway so was peed off when I heard they were making them. Haven't heard anybody else is doing them - do you know who? The BSJA seem to be keeping it all very quiet! Yeah, launch is at HOYS but it would be nice to know some details LIKE which places we can get them etc.!

I hate my show jacket. Sure, they look nice. But I am all for modernising our sport - we are the only sport who DOESN'T wear performance / practical clothing! Obviously for other disiplines like showing where looks matter then fine but for SJ, who cares?!

God I hope there ARE other styles, I dont want this one!