IS THIS THE WORST HORSE OWNER CAN YOU TOP THIS ???

kendra2705

Visit site
Thought i would write this as i cant get my head round it . The story starts of a lady who wants to ride , so she comes up and has a little ride, very laid back larger lady, but thats ok not a problem, friend has a cob and offers part loan , lady says yes sound good ,horse gets more attention, owner loosing interest, ends up offering lady to buy after a few weeks , I think she will never go for that, lady brings mum up , mum is even more brain dead than daughter , I think they will never commmit and to my astonishment mother buys horse for lady , lady comes up gets on has a walk , craps herself in trot, stumps up money for horse leaves all mucking out and care to me , lady has smash in car, then when i ask question about her horse she says "I dont know havent been up all week" I move on and horse gets left to my sister who loves him and cares for him anyhow , lady stumps up more money as needed and turns up about every three months has a look and goes, horse has everyday care and every need is attended to and is just left to my sister who says she sees him as hers now, Lady has another baby doesnt turn up for about 6 months money still going into account for horse, anything he needs or has to have paid for, any riding is nothing more than a reckless trot with lady still crapping her self with no progression at all , when asked if she would ever sell she says NEVER Ive always wanted a horse and my mum said" I thought you would get fed up "and she said NOPE ive proved them all wrong , Lady has only been to new yard twice in a year horse has great home , exercise, food care, and love by my sister, no improvement in riding with lady still craps herself in trot. I do believe that when this money was spent Lady assumed she had bought horse with full time groom, just hope said Lady doesn,t ever decide to go it alone or horse will end up starving to death, all those years of early mornings and bad weather all us horsey girls have endured not to mention the emotional and mental attatchments of DOING A GOOD JOB to ensure our mounts are well cared for and provided for mentaly and physicly , ive sweated blood and tears for horses all my life , helped starving ones , cared for ill treated ones as well as healthy ones, and even took a beating with a crop from a yard owner as a kid and didnt tell my parents as the would have stopped me from working for nothing , ALL BECAUSE OF THE LOVE I HAVE FOR THE MAJESTIC MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATURE THE HORSE. This makes me laugh , not in a funny way but in an unbelievable way. Just thought i would post this for others to digest.xxxxx

landyandy

Visit site
that is unbelievable
crazy.gif

ISHmad

Visit site
I'm kind of struggling to see what your point is. The lady is paying for her horse to have full care. Whether she chooses to ride, visit or not is up to her surely? She hasn't abandoned the horse, she realises she can't look after the horse herself so has chosen someone she feels can be trusted to do so on her behalf.

There are far far worst horse owners out there. Just read about some of the cruelty cases every day.

cjt1701

Visit site
Not an unusual story. Seen this happen before, horse bought as 'status symbol' or just because they can afford one but frightened to death of animal but don't want to admit it by selling it. At least someone is looking out for horse and its not just been shoved in a field and forgotton.

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Sadly that is all too common. My friend has her own horse. Its a bit of a thug and quite large so goes out in its own paddock. One day someone turns up with a horse who has been kicked off every yard in the area for being a thug too. Friend suggest for the safety of the other liveries that the 'thugs' go out together. They get on like a house on fire. Perfect match. So, friend says...'If you can't get up I'll do him when I do mine as I'm not scared of him and no one else should have to go in with our 2'. Its been over a year since the owners have been up to see him! No-one else will go near him. So if friend doesn't do him no one will. (They didn't even come up in the bad weather! In the end friend bought a brand new T/O for her horse just so as she could put the old one on him!)
Some people shouldn't be allowed goldfish let alone horses!

kendra2705

Visit site
Sorry guys just to clafify the situation , this is not our yard and we dont do livery we are just other owners on a diy yard and we are not charging to do the horse . she just bought it and didnt turn up if we hadnt done him he would have been in right trouble .

Tamba

Visit site
I can see your point, Why does she want to own a horse, to never really be interesed enough to see it, never mind see to it?, Its really strange. I understand where your coming from, Me too, I have sweated blood and tears , like you said, looking after my horses, so I know how you feel. Your right, its a shame the horse is really abandoned by the owner, but like as been said atleast she pays for it, and its seen to by your sister. Does your sister do it free, or she paid too?
Its strange, I dont know why someone would want to own a horse and miss out on the fabulous love and affection , and company that a horse can offer. Alot of people wouild give their right arm to be able to afford to own their own horse, and many more struggle to provide for their horse.
I know I speak full conversations to mine, think they might talk back soon, mind you, Im just plain mad!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
But I dont care!!!!!

lexiedhb

Visit site
I would of thought by now that someone, YO, you, your sister would have mentioned the fact that this is NOT how you care for a horse, otherwise the lady seems to be onto a fairly good deal, as I imagine your sister doesnt charge as much as a full livery yard would for his care!!

ETS and it would seem that your sis has gotten practically sole use of a horse for absolutely NOTHING!!! (money wise |I mean)

kendra2705

Visit site
No sister doesn't charge anything either, YO just rents out the land and yard , and sister-in-law is also disabled which means my brother has to do a lot of it , an no nothing has been said as we are just nice people who love horses and would worry about him if he was not with us x

kendra2705

Visit site
Mother Hen this is an interesting story of kindness of everyday people and all your worried about is my punctuation , how rude ,are you a school teacher in your spare time ???????????

No need for rudeness no wonder we all want to live in the sticks away from society . sorry to all the nice people who have kindly read my post and answered me xxxxxxx drinks all round xxxx

lexiedhb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No sister doesn't charge anything either, YO just rents out the land and yard , and sister-in-law is also disabled which means my brother has to do a lot of it , an no nothing has been said as we are just nice people who love horses and would worry about him if he was not with us x

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between "being nice people" and being "mugs".................. I'm not saying do not continue with the arrangement, just that this woman needs to be told that she should be paying an extra £400 as her horse is technically on full livery with you.
If people are not told of their mistakes, they cant learn from them......
smile.gif

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
But you say there is money is going into an account each month for the horse as needed? To whom? If not your sister, why is she looking after it in the first place?

I might have my wires crossed, if so I apologise but as your post was one long sentence is was very difficult to understand.

I were you I'd contact her and say that she owes you/your sister a heck of a lot of money, if she cannot afford to pay it you're having the horse as payment instead.

Toffee44

Visit site
Why do people have horses and do nothing with them? They arent cheap as all our pockets and bank balances show. And I dont get the status symbol thing how can being skint and being knee deep in s*&t and mud be a status symbol look? RANT over
laugh.gif

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mother Hen this is an interesting story of kindness of everyday people and all your worried about is my punctuation , how rude ,are you a school teacher in your spare time ???????????

No need for rudeness no wonder we all want to live in the sticks away from society . sorry to all the nice people who have kindly read my post and answered me xxxxxxx drinks all round xxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Not rude.
You will restrict the number of people who respond to you OP because it is virtually unreadable. A little more care and thought would have lead to clearer information, a post more easily read and the possibility of even more helpful responses.

No need to apologise to anybody else on my behalf

ibot

Visit site
we have a livery at my yard and i have to say i saw her for the first time in ages the other day.
she got out of the car looked at her pony and went back to her car as she passed by she said "isn't owning horses hard work "

i have never seen her muck out or anything it made me smile
it takes all sorts to own horses....

benson21

Visit site
Surely its down to the yard owner? I am guessing that the money going into an account would be going to the YO, to buy feed etc for the horse. I know if our YO is not happy with the way our horses are treated, she tells us!!!

xnaughtybutnicex

Visit site
My horse is technically my mums, i looked after and rode her for a year before i went to college. Mum came down once in a while but she was practically mine. She worked nights at the time so didn't really want to come down. She comes down every day now (only works three hours in the morning) but still hasn't ridden in about four months. I'm not sure she really wants to anymore but she doesn't want to sell and pony is looked after and ridden so not a problem. Although i suppose it is a bit different when its your daughter looking after horse.

tamsinkb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Mother Hen this is an interesting story of kindness of everyday people and all your worried about is my punctuation , how rude ,are you a school teacher in your spare time ?????????

And what is wrong with being a school teacher?!?!?!
wink.gif
I am and might possibly find your insinuation a bit rude!.......Sorry I have to agree with MH - your OP is a tad confusing as it seems to imply that money is being paid for the up keep.

kendra2705

Visit site
mother hen ref punctuation , you are using OP in your sentance , others may, but i have no idea what this means so we all write differently and maybe OP is a fasionable fancy chav shortcut but it means nothing to me !!! People skills are needed here , maybe you could have said Im sorry but its too long a paragraph and im having trouble understanding your post. NOT Why can't ( and can't being the hurtful word , ) you use punctuation ??? I'm afraid my English may not be up to scratch but instead of concentrating on my English I was saving starving horses as that was my first love ,not school work, I also feel I have top quality people skills which I feel would be nice if more people owned as this is a quality which overshadows a few marks in a sentance . If you are still having trouble reading maybe you should avoid any posts by waferwitch. many thanks

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Cripes. Full stops, commas, and paragraphs. Would make it a LOT easier to read.
smile.gif

At least the horse is getting care...

kendra2705

Visit site
There is nothing wrong with being a school teacher , but there is something wrong with rudeness ,please read what Mother Hen said to me , ref my post , then you may understand my upset. Also please please understand that there is NO money being paid for the care of the horse only his DIY costs for feed ,hay , and stuff , I think you may have misundertood the post so I think i may take it off as this is getting rediculous .