Is this true?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My farrier recons that every livery yard contains a) one thief and b) one bit*h.

Well it certainly is true for ours (with one person filling both positions!!!). However she has been asked to leave, so we have a vacancy for both posts!!!!!!

What do you lot think. Had a think back on all the yards I've been on and could name someone who fulfilled b) in each. Stuggled with identifying a) - but that said have never been anywhere where things don't go missing!!!!! from time to time.

smokeybabes

Visit site
Id say thats definately true!!
There's always someone to b1tch (often more than one!!) and things often go missing - ok sometimes people "borrow" stuff and don't put it back!
Present yard isn't too bad but last yard i was at was really b1tchy!

Accy

Visit site
we dont have either at the moment, position b was removed some time back and position has always be vacant, must be lucky i guess

RachelB

Visit site
Not on my yard, it's a small yard (currently only YO's 3 horses plus four liveries) and we haven't had anyone nasty in ages! We occasionally get the annoying odd person, but they usually leave by themselves. Now we're left with the nice few, but have one more coming at the end of the week so I hope they're nice too!
Most other yards I have been at have both though. Sad fact really that people just can't get along sometimes!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Certainly the yard as I was at previously had its fair share of bitches and gossip mungers. However, we never had any problems with thieving.

Visit site
think its true! At last yard it was really bitchy so that was one of the reasons for leaving. New yard is very friendly but there are a few people you wouldn' like to get on the wrong side of.
grin.gif

Honeyb060674

Visit site
Its human nature...put a load of women in one spot for any length of time (throw in a little competion) and voila!!!! Out pops the underhanded side swiping comments, the muttering sly comments, making derogatary remarks about anothers horse, riding, animal management, choice of clothing!!LOL We have a few issues on our yard but nothing too bad..its taken on the chin with the attitude that we generally can't be bothered to react to it!!

the watcher

Visit site
I have known that at the only big yard I ever used, in the end the b!tching, sniping busibodies drove me away, not that I was ever their target, I just didn't like the atmosphere.
At a small yard now, all liveries are 'invited' as it does not advertise, and it is lovely
cool.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
We dont have either of these on our yard luckily but on all my other yards we have.

The problem we do have is occassionaly the kids borrow stuff and leave it round the yard to get lost but we dont have theiving.

sham

Visit site
I think everyone on our yard certainly see's me as the b!tch(I'm no way a b!tch!). We just have different points of views, and they don't like the fact I don't agree with them..

What I'd give to be on a nice yard..

vicm2509

Visit site
Well there are lots of b****es on our yard. I dont think we have a thief, its more that people borrow things and never put them back. I go on a mission for me wheelbarrow or brush most nights.

The most annoying thing is that people like to borrow my stable and leave it in a mess, then no one owns up to putting their horse in there!

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
I've only been at one livery yard, and we'd a thief who was a poniless kid -I'll call her M- who was "friends" with one of the pony owners whom I'll call J1-. M kept nicking saddle soap and grooming equipment to give to J1 as a present... she allegedly took someone's new headcollar once too. Turns out M wasn't a friend of J1's at all, she'd just latched onto her because she liked J1's pony and was hoping if she kept giving J1 presents J1 would let her ride the pony.
There was a b!tch too - J2- utterly obnoxious 14 y/o the sort that makes you want to get your tubes tied to avoid having one of 'them'... she was younger than me but considered herself to be far more mature than me, and constantly spoke to me in a condescending manner, she frequently used to order me to do things like muck out my horses' stable or sweep the yard or somesuch. I used to walk away to avoid punching her in the face and she actually thought I was off to do her bidding and told everyone that they could boss me around and I'd do what ever they said! She also took a spite to my horse, and kept telling me to sell her because A I never rode her (5 days a week) B I was scared of her (uh, no I wasn't) C I couldn't control her (this from someone who could ride her own pony unaccompanied because he'd rear and throw her, or bolt [hacking], or refuse to jump a fence and dump her on the ground).
She went to the extent of telling the staff and owner of the yard that I was selling my horse and wrote out an advert for me to put in the local farmer's newspaper - which she left in the tack room for me to put my contact details on so she could post it off for me...

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
What post?? Quote came from my farrier during a discussing about the eviction of one of the other liveries at my yard. She is a real B***h, & likes to borrow things on a permenant bases!!!!!

Heck have just relised that I may be able to fill the vacancy of Yard B***h, just for even having that discussion. Opps.

Anyway gave it a bit of thought and decided that it is probably true and just wondered it this was universal!!!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
O.K. Puppy have just found your post in 'Liveries!' - Quote "Sounds very much like the conversation I had with me farrier last week. He said every yard has a thief, at least one b!tch, and someone who has far from ideal stable management ideas!!" - Either we have the same farrier or it is universal (I'm from Surrey)

Hadn't heard the bit about stable management, but am inclide to agree
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif