Is Windsor Tack Safe?

Melody Grey

Visit site
I'm looking for a new stud girth for pony and came across this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1111579035...8FRktgsfzVQOu2ZwZAUUwznd3UQNRGPRoC5IYQAvD_BwE

It was going to buy second hand but this looks like a nice cheaper option, but I'm concerned it could be too cheap and poor quality. Has anyone bought any Windsor before and had positive experiences?
TIA
I’ve had two bridles and a leather girth for my sons pony and been absolutely delighted with them. Well made, durable. Since it’s distance selling, you could always return it easily if it’s not fit for purpose? Based on my experience I think it’ll be fine though.

rextherobber

Visit site
I bought some stirrup leathers in an emergency ( amazing the things you can forget to pack..) ended up using them for about 5 years, before they stretched too much to carry on with. But the stitching was fine, no problem at all, so yes, I'd say safe!

JJS

Visit site
I’ve been riding in a Windsor bridle for over five years now. It’s been used on two different horses at this point and is still going strong. In fact, I upgraded Mary to a gorgeous comfort bridle about 18 months ago, but ended up going back to the Windsor as she preferred it!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
IIRC Windsor and Gallop are the same make?

I had a pair of Windsor leathers that snapped after just a few uses and I was seriously hurt. The leather was basically cardboard! They snapped right across the middle. I think it may depend on which batch they get but the quality control was severely lacking and I would never buy again. Plus when I sent them the photos of the new leathers snapped across the middle they were not interested. They refunded but did not request the leathers or investigate how it happened.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I have bought several Windsor bridles and stirrup leathers. Good quality for the price. Everything relies on how well you condition it and keep it cleaned and conditioned and check for stitching coming undone or wear points. But would say no more risky than the more expensive stuff.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I had a Windsor leather headcollar which snapped easily. AE's description of the leather is accurate IME! But that is why i use leather headcollars so I wasn't too sad.
Personally I wouldn't choose it for something I wanted to last and last.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
IIRC Windsor and Gallop are the same make?

I had a pair of Windsor leathers that snapped after just a few uses and I was seriously hurt. The leather was basically cardboard! They snapped right across the middle. I think it may depend on which batch they get but the quality control was severely lacking and I would never buy again. Plus when I sent them the photos of the new leathers snapped across the middle they were not interested. They refunded but did not request the leathers or investigate how it happened.

Did you not buy them from Amazon iirc??
If so chances are they haven’t been stored correctly. Leather will stiffen and go hard If not kept correctly.