Is Your Grass Growing?

MrsElle

Visit site
For the past couple of days the horses haven't been overly bothered about there hay. I only put three quarters of a bale out yesterday as there was a bit left over from the day before, only to find some left over this morning. I have only put out half a bale today :)

The temperatures during the day have been hovering around 10 degrees, and around 5 degrees at night, so I assume decent temps for grass growing.

Is your grass growing?

Spiritedly

Visit site
When I was checking the fields for wind damage on Weds I noticed that spring grass was coming through in my resting field, I also spotted a buttercup!

Clippy

Visit site
Actually now you mention it, yes, mine is too. I think the copious rain and unseasonally mild temperatures have helped it

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Yes, new grass is spouting in the bare patches. We had no grass last year so hopefully this year will be better.

ABC

Visit site
My lad has been in the sand school with hay for the past week and my winter field is green again!! :D so yes, it is!

leskaneen

Visit site
We re in the wet,(very)warm NW-grass has not stopped growing and several horses not previously prone to Lami have developed it-does anyone know if there s a specific connection/are the sugars in the grass different when it grows at the "wrong "time-or is it sheer coincidence? Ive been wondering for a while.

Kenzo

Visit site
Well put it this way, my two are living on just hay alone, no hard/condition feed, which seems very odd considering it's January but I'm not complaining!

There plump enough and feeling too god dam well, so they don't need anything else, yet why do I feel so guilty :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yes, I have patches which look like lush spring grass, and new grass coming through on bare patches. Alas, the front of their winter field is still a mudbath, but they seem to be spending more time grazing up the back :)

January my arse, I've been in a short sleeved t-shirt all week!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Was looking at my lawn today and thinking I need to mow it when it has dried out:eek: but as it hasn't been mown since October its not so bad:eek:

In the fields at the moment thanks to this weeks rain = more then we had ALL of last year:rolleyes: actually means we have mud!:eek: so if ti stays mild like this then it will be growing - which would be great as mine have been getting through nearly a bale of hay day as we had no significant grass growth all last year due to lack of rain:eek:

hessy12

Visit site
Mine is and yes, horse eats grass in preference to hay, which is annoying at £5 per bale, so I am dropping it right back now. Talk about mild, but it saves on the old fuel bills I guess.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Yes, in a word. Funnily enough I was saying to someone only yesterday that the grass looks as though it's rocketing up. That will explain the porkiness of the Exmoor one then, I think he'd better start coming in through the daytime.