Isabell saddle again

the watcher

Visit site
The Y refers to the shape of the straps on the saddle, they link to the front and back then lower down join closer together to fit a conventional dressage girth, designed to stabilise the saddle.
don't know how much dressage riding you do, or if you have had a dressage saddle before, I wouldn't recommend this for a first one as it puts you in a very deep and rigid position, which is fine for professional or regular dressage riders, but might be quite uncomfotable for anybody else

Dovorian

Visit site
I echo that - despite desperate wanting the leather isabell for ages I soon went off it, just couldn't get used to the more 'advanced' leg position. This is achieved by placing the stirrib bars further back than 'normal', killed my hips!!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Really? I love mine!
I think its the most comfortable saddle I've ever sat in, although I got a shock the other day when I rode Axel in a GP saddle, it felt really flat and like I was about to fall off any minute, I soon got used to it tho!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
I liked mine but wasn't till I got the albion that I realised how bulky it was and I really couldn't feel her under me properly. I think they are better suited to tb types as they tend to perch on anything with a flatter back. I always felt mine tipped me forward a bit - saying that it was very comfy just didn't really suit me and my horse

horsegirl

Visit site
mine is a TB so it should be ok. I am going to get the Wintec version for 2 reasons. 1 I am hoping the equisuede (my daughter thought this was suede made from horses!) might help me stick to the saddle and 2 It's much cheaper!