Ish crossed with a Connemara

ifyousayso

Visit site
I just seen a foal on Facebook that I was researching a stallion for a friend who is thinking of breeding her mare to this stallion. As I was scrolling I noticed a foal born last year I thought it was strange choice to choose a dun Connemara stallion .The dam is an Irish sport horse the mare sire is touchdown warmblood/ish -Laughton fight mare. So the dam is not a traditional ish. I don’t want to sound judgmental but I never seen ish crossed with Connemara. It got me wondering are they a common cross because I am in Connemara group the connemara cross breed I have seen is tb/ Connemara cross or a ID/Connemara cross

Squeak

Visit site
I reckon it might be hard to know as a lot of those might go as unregistered breeding.

I'd have thought depending on the connemara and the ISH that it could be a nice cross. I've had two Irish horses with unknown breeding and it wouldn't have surprised me if either of them had that sort of breedingand they were both crackers.

Asha

Visit site
I thought touchdown was an Irish sport horse stallion ? Admittedly he’s not TIH.
As for that cross it’s something I’m considering trying . Purely to reduce the height . My mares seem to throw large when crossed with ID stallions

ifyousayso

Visit site
I thought touchdown was an Irish sport horse stallion ? Admittedly he’s not TIH.
As for that cross it’s something I’m considering trying . Purely to reduce the height . My mares seem to throw large when crossed with ID stallions
Touchdown, who was foaled in 1982, was one of the first part-warmblood stallions to stand in Ireland. He was by the Selle Francis Galoubet A out of the international show jumper Lady Willpower, a daughter of the Thoroughbred Cheyne.

Barton Bounty

Just simply loving life with Orbi 🥰
Visit site
This little sweetie was born this morning, mare is 14.2hh Connie, sire is a 15.2hh ISH, cremello or perlino, can't remember exactly. The mare's ours, on a breeding loan after change in personal circumstances.View attachment 109323
Oh my gosh! What beautiful markings! Absolutely stunning 😍

millikins

Visit site
i saw this posted on B this morning. Gorgeous filly. Mum looks very happy

She was a wonderful auntie to the Dales foal, more tolerant than his mother so I'm sure she'll be a good mum. It's seriously tempting to tell the stallion owner to put her back to him and she can come home pregnant, I'm sure we could find room for a foal like that.

Asha

Visit site
She was a wonderful auntie to the Dales foal, more tolerant than his mother so I'm sure she'll be a good mum. It's seriously tempting to tell the stallion owner to put her back to him and she can come home pregnant, I'm sure we could find room for a foal like that.
You should definitely do that !!

Widgeon

Visit site

Yes! Of course you should! Hehehehe

Puzzled

Visit site
Yes, it’s a common cross. I deal in Connemara and Connemara x. I frequently have Connemara x ISH. It’s a super cross I think.