Isleham report number two!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Back today helping Barry with his own horse as he was there by himself. Weather yesterday was cool, breezy and bit damp. Today it was cold and oh so wet! More on weather later:eek:

Dressage was cold and wet and it must have been dark as the judge turned the headlights on full as he went in. Horse is an experienced old chap so he just got on with the job but watching was tricky gazing into full headlights. Test was nice and calm, so calm that horse broke a couple of times in canter but all in all a safe test. Headlights went off as horse exited at A:) Watched Mr Todd and Milo warming up for a few minutes. Bumped into Rosie's old ride, Wiggy as we went across to dressage. Later heard horse going very well XC on decent scores so well done to them.

Quick change for SJ, even the horse's rainsheet was now soaked through. We were sodden and daughter's mini dachshund had given up and was now firmly zipped inside her jacket from where he was emitting raucous snores as he dozed off after two days of far too much exercise for his little legs. Horse warmed up as we cooled down and got even wetter. Pleased with how the horse went, pleased to get back to the lorry too!:D

Another quick change for the horse and the rider got dry clothes - lucky so and so, although even for warm dry clothes I couldn't have taken a horse round that course! Lovely XC round, horse looked very keen and relaxed and ready to go round again as soon as he had finished. Took him back to the lorry, looked at the mud and decided there was no point in putting any more water on him. He wasn't hot so we would just get him covered up asap and back on the lorry out of the draught and eating his haynet. He seemed pleased with himself - and I wish he would teach MY horse that the polite thing to do is to rest each hoof on its toe as you approach with the stud spanner, heavens, that makes life SO much easier.

We were all soaked so we left after that as the rain seemed to have lumpy bits in. Competitors were still arriving for the 90 as we drove off the course. Only a couple of miles down the road it was definitely snowing and as we drove west it got really quite heavy. So my best wishes to those still at Isleham, it must be quite a novel experience eventing in the snow:eek:

Rosiefan

Visit site
It doesn't get much wetter than that does it! We abandoned Rosie mid-afternoon as she was riding a pony for someone else in the BE90 and our two were done and dusted by then and we were all rather 'damp'. It was brilliant to be eventing again though wasn't it?

Rosiefan

Visit site
Just heard that pony did a DC in a blizzard and then they abandoned the class. Rosie is not a happy bunny but I suppose it was getting dangerous so for the best really.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Oh I'm sorry to hear that the class was abandoned. Well done to Rosie for getting throught the snow. It's a sign of this bonkers weather that yesterday they had to take two fences out because of the blinding glare of the sun and today they had to abandon due to snow:eek:

Bubblegum

Visit site
We were there yesterday in the best of the weather. Our horse ran very early and had virgin ground in SJ & XC. We were very fortunate. It really suited us to be so early as or silly TB is so wired at this time of year he is almost unrideable...but we count ourselves lucky for good conditions. I haven't posted a report as I knew the real story of Isleham 2012 would be all about the Sunday, and the weather.
Feel very sorry for those that were there today, and well done all ... :)