isurance problem...

loopylucifer

Visit site
Having issues insurance company horse had one claim last april which was a big one involed surgary, follow up visits, physio, scans and remidial shoeing in this time have had two payments one aug/sept time the other begining of november they still owe around £800 on this claim.
In the mean time horse was not quite right had investigations which showed original problem sorted but that feet were odd and would require remideal shoeing and further x rays this was end of december the whole time kept isurance company informed vet haswrien to them to tel them that nether claims were related. yet they stil have not paid anything on this claim and owe between £500 and £800 on this one. Have been phoning them lots yet get same excuses each time and told it would be with me within two weeks yet nothing arrive then phone again to be told same thing! now have email saying its going to thier vet for assesing as the lamness's are in the same leg I have no problem with this but do have a problem that they have had both these claims for over 5 months and have not done this in that time.
Am i over reacting to this in being quite livid? and to top it off the horse may now have a bad back (thankful not with that insurance company as such)
By the way its not E and L!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I think I know who you're insured with as I'm sure we've had PM conversations about insurance companies haven't we?

IME of that company, assuming it's still the same one, they still owe my vets £1,700 in fees from this year and are a nightmare to get any information or money from. The only way I ever get money from them is to write a snotty letter telling them how disappointed I am with their service and to ask them to clarify why they are withholding my money when the claim has been agreed, that they have no reason to withhold payment as XYZ is covered under the terms of my policy.. send it recorded delivery. The last time I did that, the cheque turned up 3 days later.

Gluttonforpunishment

Visit site
You can contact the omudsman and / or the FSA if they have breached their contract. FSA has a "treating customers fairly" policy and are very hot on this. Might be worth mentioning to the insurance company that you don't feel they are complying with TCF policy - tends to worry them if they think an FSA visit might be looming.