It’s official... my husband hates me

Bs_mum

Visit site
An opportunity arose to buy a fantastic filly, with real future prospects.... so of course, I jumped at that opportunity!
While she’s absolutely Fabulous- they said she was more handled than what she actually is, so she’s a bit feral- but she’ll come right with time! Going to be a monster though, 6 months and 14hh!

Husband hates me, but merry Christmas to me!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
14hh at 6 months? Lord help you! Have you got a stepladder? How tall were the parents?

Your husband will get over it, just be super sweet at home (not that you’ll have time to be there with a youngster!)

Bs_mum

Visit site
the winning line of the why I need another pony argument went as follows...
“You don’t need another horse”
“No, i also don’t need to pick your boxers up off the floor like I’m you’re mother- but here we are”

Parents where 16.1 & 16.3. Photos will follow when I can get close enough to it to take one where she doesn’t look like she’s completely deranged!
She’s very poor weight wise so she’s staying in the barn with ad-lib hay, & good company for the foreseeable until she’s realised I’m not scary! If I turned her out, I’m not sure I’d see her again!

Good job I trust who I bought her off, had to wait until she was having a wee to check that she was a she!

Trouper

Visit site
the winning line of the why I need another pony argument went as follows...
“You don’t need another horse”
“No, i also don’t need to pick your boxers up off the floor like I’m you’re mother- but here we are”

Parents where 16.1 & 16.3. Photos will follow when I can get close enough to it to take one where she doesn’t look like she’s completely deranged!
She’s very poor weight wise so she’s staying in the barn with ad-lib hay, & good company for the foreseeable until she’s realised I’m not scary! If I turned her out, I’m not sure I’d see her again!

Good job I trust who I bought her off, had to wait until she was having a wee to check that she was a she!
Well I have the opposite problem - husband-wise. At 70+++ I am too old and fractured to cope with another horse but I am constantly (irresponsibly) encouraged to consider it as, according to him, there is a big horse-shaped hole in my life!! It's hard being the responsible adult.
Good luck with the baby - so exciting.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Congratulations on your new selfie Christmas present. Our house is the opposite. My husband saw a gorgeous filly advertised and said we had to have her. I was the one saying, we don't actually need another horse, but husband was on a mission, said she was special and we jumped in the car for a 5 hour trip to see her.
The rest was history. She was indeed special but in a slightly zany, fruit loop, sweet kind of way.

Bs_mum

Visit site
Well, he’s fallen in love. We spent some time in the barn yesterday skipping out and laying a beds, moving hay around etc and eventually she came over for a scratch and he instantly fell in love.
She different from our young stock as from the minute they hit the ground at birth we’re all over them before leaving them for a few days to bond with mum & then being hands on again. Where she came from take a very hands off approach and only handle from weaning onwards. Each to their own, I guess.
She reminds me of bambi at the moment, she’s all legs and not much else. She’s still not 100% sure of us. So we’re ignoring her unless she comes to us. She followed me around the barn while I skipped out & re-hayed everyone.