It could only happen to me

Marquire

Visit site
Yesterday was the day from hell.

My OH normally comes to the yard in the mornign with me to turn out the horses and muck out but he was in London for a meeting so I had to go on my own. I'd like to point out that I never normally go to the muck heap as it is constructed on three levels with a complicated ramp system so you can get to the top layer. Basically it scares me!

Anyway it was all going well, turned horses out, started mucking out and then the moment I was dreading-I had to go to the muck heap to empty a huge barrow load of poos and wee soaked shavings. I managed to get the wheel barrow up the ramp onto the second level and I was following behind when my stupid wellie slipped off the plank and I fell backwards down onto the first level then off into a pool of slurry at the bottom. I was lying there winded, soaked through with a stingy leg when the stupid barrow rolled backwards off the second level and fell right on top of me, covering me, in what can only be described as, crap. I could have cried.

But no I struggled on with despite being a bit battered and forked the mess back up onto the muck heap and finish off the mucking out. I was now 7.45m and I was wet, covered in poo and stinking to high heaven and I suddenly remembered I had a meeting at work at 9am so I couldn't go home before work. Bugger! Resourceful old me had some bin bags in the boot of the car so I fashioned one into a tunic top and the other into a skirt type thing and drove to work. I cannot describe the smell in the car.

I got to work and luckily didn't meet anyone on my way to the staff showers. I have all my work clothes in my locker along with a complete set of toiletries thankfully. The final insult happened when I got undressed in the shower room. When I took off my sports bra a perfectly formed round ball of poo fell out. I am mentally scarred!!!! I showered for 15 minutes under the hottest water I could bear but I still felt dirty all day.

This morning I am quite stiff, my legs are black and blue from ankle to hip and I have a wheel barrow handle shaped bruise on my chest.

Muck heaps are evil!
frown.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
LMAO i am so sorry but that made me crack up, i could just picture it all as you were saying it. I know i am a bad person!!

Hope you feel better soon though and your mental scares heal as well x

Marquire

Visit site
No I took them off when I got the the car park before I went into the building in my stinky clothes. Thank God I didn't meet anyone on the way as my hair was covered in shavings too. I didn't discover this until I got to the showeres and looked in the mirror. I looked like Worzel Gummage.

Marie

HBII

Visit site
Big Hugs M_L

Sorry but that made me giggle. If I were you I would take some arnica, have a hot bath tonight and a glass of wine.

Hb

cazza

community.webshots.com
Really sorry and glad that you are ok, although obviously emotionally traumertized by Poo. But I am PMSL and people in the office are looking at me at the mo as I have tears running down my face. You should really be a novelist . . .

Theresa_F

Visit site
Sorry but I have just cried with laughter - tear running down my face and had to tell my OH about the poo in the bra.

You made my day - this sort of thing normally happens to me.

I hope you are ok and not feeling sore - and thanks for brightening up my day.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I shouldn't really laugh because you were obviuously stressed out, but that was so funny.
grin.gif

Is your real name Victoria Wood, cos it really sounds like one of her stories.
smile.gif

JaneMBE

Visit site
Oh, I have to be like the others
laugh.gif
..... it would happen to me too! I am smiling, but sympathise! Cheered me up knowing I am not the olny twit lol. Have better day
laugh.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
It could be a lot worse!!

November last year I feel off the ramp to our muck cart and stuck out my arm to stop me from falling (as you do) and disclocated both forearm bones out of my elbow.

That was incredibly painful and resulted in 6 weeks in plaster and a bit of a wonky arm.

Not a great story though and now I am paranoid about tipping wheel barrows....

pottamus

Visit site
Sorry...but that made my day! How awful but it is such a shame you did not get it video'd...you would get some prize money for that! Loved the image of you tip toeing into work in plastc bags!!!! Fantastic but hope you get better soon.
smile.gif

Dogbetty141

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lmao I have the strangest vision of you in dustbin bags in the office! Hope your feeling better soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

me too sorry cant help but laugh. I hope you heal well and soon.

xx

harvgj19

Visit site
Bad Evil Muckheap!

Sorry, that was such a funny story, though I'm sure I too would have been crying at the time!

I second the suggestion of arnica, hot bath and big glass of wine!

Foxford

Visit site
AHH!! Thanks for sharing that - glad to know this stuff happens to oher people!!! Muck heap sounds weird, like a game from the crystal maze... "How many kilos of s**t can you get to the top in 30 seconds" haha!!!!