It makes you think doesn't it.......

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
A friend of mine at college had her horse up here last week while we were on early and late yard duties and she was living in, the pony was the most adorable little connemara cross. She took him home early friday evening and turned him out in the paddock with her other mare, both ponies friends and have shared a field for the last god knows how long. Her other mare kicked him and caused some internal injuries. He was dead 6 hours after he arrived home
frown.gif

It makes you realise that they can be taken away so quickly........Ho hum
frown.gif

Kat
xx

Tia

Visit site
Oh dear that is horrific. I am so sorry for your friend and the pony.

My daughter took her pony to friends for a week during the summer - Cloud has lived with her herd for 2 years now - when we brought her back the very same thing happened to her! The rest of the herd (normally lovely natured animals) tried to boot the hell out of her for the first 10 minutes. Within an hour they were all back to normal again but it was certainly a worrying 10 mins - thankfully she is a nippy little pony and managed to keep out of the way of their kicks.

I am so sorry that your friends pony wasn't able to do this.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I want to keep storm wrapped up in her stable where no evil horses can get to her, it's really worried me now but it's just one of those things
frown.gif

kat
xx

TGM

Visit site
What a terrible thing to happen
frown.gif

Sadly horses do seem to react aggressively when one herd member leaves and then returns. If Sprite goes away for a while she gets chased round the field when she comes back - and that's by her own dam
crazy.gif

Bess

Visit site
That was a very sad thing to happen. But I wish I hadn't read this, my horse was on box rest for a couple of weeks and then last week turned out with two others. Today they were a nightmare when getting him out the field so after a ride I put him back in with his usual lot. I did stay and watch for 30 mins till all re-introductions were completed but its still a worry.

Clodagh

Visit site
My mare was put down last year after reintoducing her to the herd after being on box rest. Took 2 weeks of putting her in the next paddock with various herd members, til they were all chilled. Put her out with them and in half an hour she had severed the tendons in her hind leg and had a broken hock.
My thoughts go out to your friend.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Yeh i heard about that, my friend has her horse on the same yard (garland). Its awful, and really sad. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Life is way too short and quite nasty sometimes!