It never rains it pours... quick insurance question

Louby

Visit site
Im already claiming for a stifle ligament strain but have just come back off holiday to a field injury that the lady looking after her already has had the vet to. Im not happy with a swelling that I think will need scanning so my question is, has anyone had 2 claims going at the same time for the same horse?
I understand I'd need to pay the excess again but never had 2 claims running at the same time. Im going to ring them tomorrow as I was out of the country when this happened.
Also any boredom breaking box rest ideas please? She is ok in the box atm, can be walked in hand and is getting a bit eeeeeek already! I feel so sorry for her.
Thanks in advance :)

live2ride

Visit site
I’ve had 3 claims on going over the last year for my gelding, for 3 clear separate ‘illnesses’. A sarcoid, fractured skull and itchy groin.
My insurers have been no bother with any of them, or accepting the claims and paying out

Abi90

Visit site
I had 2 running at the same time and insurance were great. Paid out for both no bother. And kept them separate despite the fact that the ulcers were probably caused by the stifle issue

Louby

Visit site
Ah fab thank you!
Shes being treated for what looks like a puncture wound on one leg but I noticed a swelling yesterday when I got back from hols that I fear may be annular ligament related on the other leg :( , with a minor scrape just above it. I havent a clue how shes done it, just hoping the minor scrape has made it blow up, wishful thinking. Shes been on box rest since, so both must have happened in the field on the same day.

lannerch

Visit site
I’ve had 3 claims on going over the last year for my gelding, for 3 clear separate ‘illnesses’. A sarcoid, fractured skull and itchy groin.
My insurers have been no bother with any of them, or accepting the claims and paying out
If you don’t mind me asking both of you who are you insured with? Thanks

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I had two claims running concurrently last year, one for lower back pain/lameness (£7.3k spent) and then she went and fractured her skull in two places (about £3k spent) NFU Mutual were amazing and just processed it and paid everything. About 5/6 years ago I had three claims running concurrently, one for melanoma surgery, one for a kick on the elbow and one for molar removal. NFU's 'no quibble' claim is 100% accurate they have been so good to us and our insurance premiums rose but never drastically between renewals.

ETA: my 4 year old was on box rest for 4 months last year and was going absolutely mental in the stable and was impossible to hand walk, the vets gave us potassium bromide for everyday use to take the edge off, and some sedalin to give her before a handwalk. I was also giving her valerian and vervain, skullcap, chamomile and lemonbalm in a handful of fast fibre everyday, with soaked hay and she was still a mentalist but not half as bad as she was to begin with. I tried to find boredom breakers which didn't involve food because they tend to be loaded with sugar which would NOT be helpful and ended up giving her a football to play with which she enjoyed. No matter what you give them they're going to get bored it's just a bit of a sucky situation.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I had two claims running last year, into this year. One for dental problems and one for Ulcers.
Insured with E&L max’d Out on both claims, both paid with no issue or question.

Louby

Visit site
Thanks so much for replying. Im with Scottish Equestrian, Ive rang them today, the lady was lovely and claim forms are being sent out.