Itchy horse

Irishcobs

Visit site
BBB is very itchy, particularly along her mane, saddle patch, shoulders and neck.
She has very clean skin, no scurf, no lice or anything at all I can see to make her itchy. She is generally a hot horse, she has a hunter clip (last clipped in Nov and has hardly grown any back) and wears only a 360g combo, if below freezing and is never to hot. She has a snuggy hood neck cover to stop her rubbing her mane out which is working but hasn't stopped her itching.
I hot ragged her today so will see what she is like tomorrow and will bath her as soon as it warms up.
Anyone else have a very itchy horse atm?

Perissa

Visit site
My arab can be itchy if he gets too hot. Even fully clipped out he is only ever in a 200g rug. If it gets to minus figures I will add a neck cover. A few years ago I spent 4K trying to find the cause of his itching, including extensive allergy testing. I know lots of things that he is not senstive to and a few that he is so I avoid those like the plague! They key with him is to keep him cool. Putting my under the rug he is only just warm - for him being toastie warm is bad because he will start to itch and rub, his mane, neck, shoulders, sides and bum.

Also no garlic, no molasses and no Alfalfa!

Fimbacob

Visit site
I have a very itchy hairy. Have struggled with it for years and spent hundreds if not thousands with various vets having all the tests done. Have now decided its behavioural/habit as he mostly does it (stamping) when hes waiting for his tea or to go out to field while im changing rugs.