It's a bobber...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
When you do everything you believe to be right and yet it still all goes wrong.

My young ID is broken and can't be fixed. I'm afraid my clear thinking went after hearing the words along the lines of "major damage to the rear suspensories ", but the gist is a birth defect in his vertebrae (joint) - it's fused and the next joint along(?) has an issue.

Been here before with badly damaged rear suspensories with two other horses. Nothing to be done when there's an unfixable primary issue.

I swear the universe sends me horses that aren't right, knowing that I'll do my damndest for them.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
:( sometimes I think we should have an additional room for members with a succession of problematic beasts.

But yes, I do think sometimes they get sent to those who will try hardest for them.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you folks.

You'd think by now I'd be hardened to this but nope. Can't stop the tears. Wish I could just crack on but he is the sweetest lad and I want to rant at the universe about how bloody unfair it is on him.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I am so sorry to hear this. I have been thinking about getting another horse, and then I run through all the things that have gone wrong with the previous ten and I really really can't do it again. Thinking of you xx

SEL

Visit site
:( sometimes I think we should have an additional room for members with a succession of problematic beasts.

But yes, I do think sometimes they get sent to those who will try hardest for them.

I'll have a seat in that room.....

Sorry Mrs M. It's heart breaking when you'd do anything to fix them but you just can't.

ozpoz

Visit site
i'm so sorry to read this. I wish I could think of something helpful to say but sometimes there isn't anything. Hugs.

EventingMum

Visit site
I'm due a seat in that room too, I think the fittest of ours is the one who's retired. One of our's also has psd to add to his uveitis and headshaking issues. He's the sweetest horse imagineable and a year ago had no problems at all. You have my utmost sympathy Mrs M.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you. Stopped crying for now. Banging headache and still hope I'll wake up from it.

E - I'll have a wing chair in that room please, then I can hide in it and pretend I'm somewhere else.

R - if it's in your blood it's so hard to step away lass. Still have the others, though Grey Mare is under investigation as she's dropped weight, but she's twenty-three so something's expected with her.

Aye. I thought it was going to be injection to the sacroiliac and then the suspensories might come right or need a bit of help. I definitely wasn't expecting this.

Mari

Visit site
I’m also a member of this club. Am on horse number 4 now. Full investigation under way. Been here before! Hoping this time outcome will be different.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Thank you folks.

You'd think by now I'd be hardened to this but nope. Can't stop the tears. Wish I could just crack on but he is the sweetest lad and I want to rant at the universe about how bloody unfair it is on him.

I remember that feeling so well. I don't think you ever truly harden to it, just know you've done everything you can for him.

Inda

Visit site
I'm really sorry for you. It's rotten when you get an animal and there's a congenital defect you couldn't have predicted or seen. I suspect my dog has the same issue, a sacralised lumbar vertebrae?

I know a ridden horse and dog are different but since diagnosis and we've started correct treatment she's moving normally, she used to track wrong and was plain nasty to people. She's now a soppy lump that can outrun most dogs.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
So sorry to read this. Sending hugs.

The problem is, is it’s a vicious (virtuous, maybe? if you’re brave enough to see it that way) cycle, if you’re a certain type of person. You have one that breaks, you go through the process of investigations and work ups, you learn along the way. You have another, what you learnt before alerts you to small signs you otherwise might not have noticed. You’re that certain type of person that won’t ignore those signs. You go through the process again, you learn more.. and so it repeats.

I sometimes wish I could be one of those that trundles along in blissful ignorance of the subtle lameness, subtle behavioural issues etc. But I’m not.

The room is not a room for those damned with broken horses. It’s a room for those blessed with knowledge and with the guts/strength to act on it for the best outcome for our lovely animals.... but I’ll have a seat in there too, please, and agree that it totally and utterly sucks 😥

Sending more hugs MrsM x

blitznbobs

Visit site
3 ... the number of overly expensive lawnmowers I have at the moment. 1 the number of horses that actually can do some work. Does this qualify me for a seat?

gryff

Visit site

The problem is, is it’s a vicious (virtuous, maybe? if you’re brave enough to see it that way) cycle, if you’re a certain type of person. You have one that breaks, you go through the process of investigations and work ups, you learn along the way. You have another, what you learnt before alerts you to small signs you otherwise might not have noticed. You’re that certain type of person that won’t ignore those signs. You go through the process again, you learn more.. and so it repeats.

I sometimes wish I could be one of those that trundles along in blissful ignorance of the subtle lameness, subtle behavioural issues etc. But I’m not.

This, in bucket fills. So, so true.

I'm sorry. These things always seem to happen to the nicest people.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Truly sorry to hear this news. I think you are entitled to rage at the universe...and he is a lucky boy to have you as an owner who cares enough to investigate and discover the problem. There is a place in heaven for you mrs m.

Michen

Visit site
This sums it up beautifully.

The room is not a room for those damned with broken horses. It’s a room for those blessed with knowledge and with the guts/strength to act on it for the best outcome for our lovely animals.... but I’ll have a seat in there too, please, and agree that it totally and utterly sucks 😥

Sending more hugs MrsM x

Rowreach

👀
Visit site

The room is not a room for those damned with broken horses. It’s a room for those blessed with knowledge and with the guts/strength to act on it for the best outcome for our lovely animals.... but I’ll have a seat in there too, please, and agree that it totally and utterly sucks ��

Sending more hugs MrsM x

This is it.

BBP

Visit site

Sending more hugs MrsM x

This is all so very true. But such rotten luck for you, I really am sorry. You’ll be aware of the BBP’s colourful and extensive Vet history, it doesn’t always feel fair. I’m lucky so far in that he is a very happy horse now (even with a fracture) and I am happy just being around him, even if I don’t get to ride. I just love his bright electric energy, it never fails to make me smile seeing his tightly pricked ears and bright shiny expression every morning. But I long ago gave up my ambitions for the two of us and just accept what I have.

Huge huge hugs (I’m not a hugger but seems like you could do with some, so virtual ones I can manage).

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you all.

R-M - wise and oddly comforting words, thank you.

G, M - I don't think I am and I'm not sure there will be but thank you.

Woken after bobball sleep with innards tied in knots (joys of IBS and sadness and stress). Was Googling till the wee hours in case there was a hopeful nugget of info somewhere.

It's been a really rubbish year.

ON - all my bits are crossed lass.

BnB - it's a bobber for sure. Have four and it's the bog-off coblet who is, technically, rideable and who has, at the moment at least, a long and fun life ahead of him. He's with D1 so I'm sort of down to none.