It's a filly!!!

Alexart

Visit site
Our TB mare Socks has finally foaled 2 weeks late, she had a beautiful solid bay filly by our friesian stallion Wessel yesterday morning at quarter to 4, all went well, and she only needed minimal help to make sure the bag was off her face and her shoulders required a bit of wriggling as it was bit of a squeeze!!
She was up and feeding within half an hour, she didn't go out yesterday as the weather wasn't great but turned her out today and she's been having fun. Socks went straight to stuffing her face, and the first thing the little filly did was stick her nose in some nettles!!!
Here are some pics:
DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0080_1.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
Congratulations, she is gorgeous!
You give me hope, Dix is over 2 weeks late now and I'm losing the will to live!

fallenangel123

Visit site
OMG she is beautiful! Seriously Wessel, I adore him! He has to be the best stlion I have seen in this country.My OH is very into fresians as he used to have a horse drawn carriage company so it didn't take too much to convince him that my next horse should be one! I just have to thin the herd out first! Please give him a hug from me, I'm often gazing wistfully at his web pics.

HumBugsey

Visit site
Wow, someone lend me a mare so I can have a Wessel Baby!

Might need land... stables... someone who knows what they're doing breeding wise.... lol

HumBugsey

Visit site
Actually.... can I just have soloman for free :p He looks prefect for my "ultimate alrounder" project, ride, drive and sidesaddle :p Oh and the land and stables :D

cblover

Visit site
Wonderful Alex, glad both are doing fine! I've been waiting for news of your baby Wessel!

I can confirm that Wessel is indeed the most beautiful stallion in this country and I will find out on Monday if my cob Kinzzy is in foal to him! I've got everything crossed!

Alexart

Visit site
Glad you all like her, she's been charging round this evening with poor Socks trying to keep up and eat at the same time!!
Cblover, fingers crossed for Monday, lets hope we have got Kinnzy this time!!!!:D
Hilly - it is an unusual combination for the UK - strange really as it's the same idea as crossing the irish draught with a TB, they're really popular in the states and if done well produces top level event and dressage horses, just haven't caught on here, the trouble is there are tons of people crossing all sorts with not so good friesians and producing rubbish so it doesn't do their reputation much good!
This little filly was a bit of a surprise as Socks was scanned not in foal last summer after running with Wessel, it was only because we noticed she was rather round in December we had the vet back out and sure enough he missed it!!:D
Socks and the filly are going to be going to a lady we sold an in-foal friesian mare to last year, as she just has the one foal due, and we don't want one foal on its own so will be nice they will have a buddy of the same age to play with and someone to wean with. This will be our last foal so a nice end, we will be keeping the boys and the old farts, and standing Wessel via frozen tadpoles though, he's such a sweetie I could never part with him!! Excuse his Elvis hair-do in the last pic - I have to plait his forelock or he can't see where he's going but he loves to fluff it up which gives him a quiff plus he'd been rolling to impress the other mares!!!