Its easy to post pics!

Fiona

Visit site
I did it by copying in a url with IMG square brackets round it.

My pics are too large to add directly , unless anyone cares to explain how to re size.

Fiona

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I did it by copying in a url with IMG square brackets round it.

My pics are too large to add directly , unless anyone cares to explain how to re size.

Fiona

You'll need some sort of photo editor. If you are on a laptop the app that comes with Windows 10 (photos) is pretty straightforward. Just open your picture, click ... and select resize. It even uses friendly options of S M and L as options to select from as well as what each size is best for.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Trying something new..sent an email to myself with the too large photo, copied and pasted the adress with the [ IMG ] thing etc and got this.
raw

Last edited:

criso

Visit site
Some of mine get this too. Would be useful to know how to resize. Anyone?

I put instructions on post 34 on how to do this on a windows laptop with the built in Photos app. Exact procedure will be different with other photo editors but a lot will have a resize option.

On my Android phone if I click to edit and select Photo Editor, then export from the menu, I get the option to reduce quality which will reduce the size.

Can't help with an iphone I'm afraid as I don't have one.

Last edited:

Meredith

Visit site
I put instructions on post 34 on how to do this on a windows laptop with the built in Photos app. Exact procedure will be different with other photo editors but a lot will have a resize option.

Sorry not on laptop as it won’t let HHO function (error 400etc) so on ipad. What is a photo editor? Thanks

criso

Visit site
Sorry not on laptop as it won’t let HHO function (error 400etc) so on ipad. What is a photo editor? Thanks

A photo editor is an app that lets you edit photos. Usually on a phone when you open a photo from an album, you get an option to edit - usually looks like a pencil or similar. This opens the photo in an app that lets you do things like crop, put filters etc. If you have more than one app on your phone then when you open you usually get asked which to use.

Each photo editing app is slightly different but they have similar functions. Of the couple I checked out some had a direct option to resize from the menu but a lot gave you the option to choose the size when you upload or export.

Meredith

Visit site
A photo editor is an app that lets you edit photos. Usually on a phone when you open a photo from an album, you get an option to edit - usually looks like a pencil or similar. This opens the photo in an app that lets you do things like crop, put filters etc. If you have more than one app on your phone then when you open you usually get asked which to use.

Each photo editing app is slightly different but they have similar functions. Of the couple I checked out some had a direct option to resize from the menu but a lot gave you the option to choose the size when you upload or export.

I don’t have a phone

criso

Visit site
I don’t have a phone
Or Ipad or laptop - they all have apps which let you do things. You could substitute the word device for phone and the same would apply.

As I don't have any apple devices, I don't know which particular apps come with each one but a quick google suggests one called image size for both iphone and ipad.

criso

Visit site
What you have to remember is when you put a picture on photobucket or Imgur, it is stored elsewhere and you link to it. This attach option is really quick and easy as you don't have to host the picture somewhere else but all those uploaded images have to be stored so there's a cap on the size.

This attach option is really handy but for high resolution/quality images you'll either have to reduce size or fall back on the old ways via photobucket or similar.

Lovethebeach

Visit site
You can shrink photos using Windows Paint, right click on picture, then Open With, and select paint, then click on resize, do by percentage or pixels