Its easy to post pics!

Greylegs

Visit site
Does anyone know what size they should be? That helps, rather than randomly downsizing and hoping for the best? Thanks ... (never could work out how to post pics on the old system: think I managed it once).

chaps89

Visit site
Hmm, does anyone know how to resize a photo on an android phone? I have opened it in editor but although I can drop it, rotate it, add an effect I can't seem to resize it so most of my photos are too large to upload using the attachment option.

Reactions: DD

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Hmm, does anyone know how to resize a photo on an android phone? I have opened it in editor but although I can drop it, rotate it, add an effect I can't seem to resize it so most of my photos are too large to upload using the attachment option.

From the menu dots on the top right, click on export. There is a slider for quality and if you slide left, it tells you what the reduction is. When you click done, it saves.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Using image resizer on Chrome. Fingers X’d
Seems to work. I changed 1080 x 1080 to 900 x 900
Let’s see how big it is...
I didn’t realise I had to save it before attaching at first.
Thanks to Criso and others for their help.

Yay!!
Now all I need is to find out how to get to the forum on my laptop, but that’s another story / thread...

Attachments

• DB139B9C-922E-4010-B9F6-E62651A98F44.jpeg
    DB139B9C-922E-4010-B9F6-E62651A98F44.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0

chaps89

Visit site
From the menu dots on the top right, click on export. There is a slider for quality and if you slide left, it tells you what the reduction is. When you click done, it saves.
Unfortunately that option doesn't appear on my phone, Samsung A3 2017. But thankyou for responding with a suggestion! Google suggests I might need to download a separate app.

criso

Visit site
Unfortunately that option doesn't appear on my phone, Samsung A3 2017. But thankyou for responding with a suggestion! Google suggests I might need to download a separate app.
I've got a Sony xa2 so may well be different. When I click on the edit button from a picture I get offered 2 options to open it with, photos or photo editor. However if I select photos which is the default Android app I can jump to editor from the menu and selecting edit in photo editor.

If it's not installed looks like photo editor is available on Google play

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I have ipad sorted now and have got laptop access too by clearing old HHO cookies in settings. Now trying photos on laptop.
Here goes..this is camera photo direct from picture file----- which is too large
So again....No still too large
Had to use image resizer on Chrome again on a camera photo in Pictures folder. IMG_1240 (3).jpg Yay, this is thumbnail. Resized to 50%

criso

Visit site
Anyone on Windows 10 on their laptop, the built in Photos app that comes with Windows is quite user friendly to resize. Not as many options as some but very easy. If you click on the three dots on the top right, you get an option called resize which then takes to you small medium or large. If the resize option is not there, your photo is already on the smallest size.

1538245510004.png

resize.PNG

Littlefloof

Visit site

Pixlr is free on Google Play and works on the A3. Open the app, select the picture you want, click 'done' and you will have the option to save as 'small', 'medium' or 'large'.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good photo resizing app for iPads?

I didn't use an App on the IPad. I clicked on the photo and used the icon at the top, it's three lines underneath each other. Once it comes up there are some icons on the right hand side. Use the second one down and just drag the lines to where you want them to be. If it's still to big for the attachment thing it will tell you. Just play around with it a bit.