It's hard to find the right words - Poppy update

Leo Walker

Visit site
I am so very, very sorry :( It is absolutely heartbreaking at the best of times, but when you fight so hard and you keep thinking there is a miracle cure, the moment you realise there isnt is horrific. Take comfort knowing you did everything you could possibly do for here, and she clearly loved you very much.

RIP beautiful girl xxx

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am so so sorry to hear this I was always a big fan of hers she was a very beautiful girl, my heart really goes out to you she was incredibly lucky to have found you and you did all you could for her x

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Thanks for all your kind words. She meant the world to me, and I doubt I'll meet another like her in my lifetime (although I'm grateful to have M to help distract me!). I too hope the findings from the RVC will go some way to helping us understand what was wrong with her, and will go on to help others with similar issues in the future xx

rosiesowner

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this... What a beautiful horse both inside and out. How lucky she was to know such love from you and have an owner who made the right choice. Best wishes xxxx

Micropony

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I have followed your Poppy story with particular interest, as she has a look of my little chap and I was really hoping you'd have the same joy with her as I have with him. You clearly have, but for far too short a time. So so sorry. Xxx

Dizzydancer

Visit site
I'm so sorry for you.
I lost my similar looking mare at the start of the month after 8months also of trying to fix her so I truly understand your heartbreak for not being able to fix her but equally being glad they won't feel pain now.
RIP popple, run free in the pastures in the sky- I hope Hattie is nice to you 🌈

silv

Visit site
So sorry, welling up with tears reading your post, she was a lucky girl to have had you as an owner.

I am sure finding another dream horse if furthest from your mind at the moment, but I really hope you find another lucky horse that you sound like you deserve.

Take Care.

mytwofriends

Visit site
What a sad ending. You did everything you could, and cared for her until the end. She is pain free now, and you should be proud of what you did.

It's hard (I'm still grieving my beloved oldie who left us a week ago.)

Take care. x

Annagain

Visit site
I'm so sad to read this. I'd really hoped you were getting somewhere when you posted last. You couldn't have done more for her and she couldn't have wished for a more caring owner. Hugs

southerncomfort

Visit site
I am sorry. I was in complete awe of the way you refused to give up on her. I wish you could have both had a happier ending.

She really was very beautiful. xxx

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Thanks for all your lovely words. She really was a very special little mare and I feel honoured to have had her in my life.

Tonight at the yard was odd. I'd organised to have a lesson with M to keep myself distracted, but really struggled seeing the field Pops is normally in without her there (the nosey moo used to love watching over the gate as I rode). I just about kept it together until I found a card from one of the liveries on my box with the sweetest message in it and had a little blub :( but managed to pull myself together and tack up.

I think it'll be a while before the crushing sadness passes, but I'm doing ok.

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Don't worry about having a cry FF l remember afew days after having my boy pts one of the staff who worked in the tackshop was talking to me & l just burst out in tears. It's still raw for you but it will ease a little. My YO helped me loads by letting me ride some of his horses to keep me occupied until l decided l wanted another horse. Just keep hold of your memories 🙂