It's not just buyers that are timewasters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
If you view it from OP point of view, the price has suddenly increased by £2K for a horse they really clicked with but had slight worries about in terms of health issues - 'could it be solved by physio or is it something more serious' type worry.

I think I would be put out too, plus it's possible the seller is just trying to add a bit of pressure...

The confusion lies in the fact that the OP has not anywhere said that she has had direct contact with the seller since agreeing to a 2nd viewing. All she has said is that there is an ad up with an increased price and therefore she has been priced out so there is no longer any point viewing. But unless she has missed out the bit about talking to the seller, she is just assuming the seller is no longer interested in selling to her at the price they agreed. Which may not be true. It also does not sound like the viewing has been cancelled just that the OP is not going to bother going anymore.

But the whole thread is very confusing, so who knows really what has been said/agreed by who.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If I have read it right: the seller has upped the price from £10K (when OP went to view) to £12K (in the advert), but has also said that s/he thinks horse is worth £15K.

In seller's mind the horse which was worth £10K is now worth £15K. If you view it like that £12K is indeed a bargain.

So the only basis for a second viewing is now at the increased price.

If you view it from OP point of view, the price has suddenly increased by £2K for a horse they really clicked with but had slight worries about in terms of health issues - 'could it be solved by physio or is it something more serious' type worry.

I think I would be put out too, plus it's possible the seller is just trying to add a bit of pressure. Either that or seller has been told by someone else that the horse market is bonkers and s/he should ask for much more money.

I might not have read it right!
In addition to potential misreading, the number of replies on this thread by people who have not bothered reading very many of the posts is impressive (that's not aimed at you btw - you seem to be the thorough sort, hence my reply). I suppose there are so many confusing replies now that it's not difficult - and I might be one of them, who knows. But to me it seemed fairly clear..

Ah, thank you, that would make more sense!

I may well be miffed with the seller, but I still wouldn't say she was a time waster though, as I suspect of the deal had been struck when first viewed, the horse would likely have been sold for 10K. But, we will never know. In these days of mad market, I wouldn't expect a second viewing and to find the horse still there. It is a tough market.

I do think it may be too soon and wonder if Birker/Bandit would be better with a lovely horse on loan from a rescue. When I bought Riggers, the previous owner wanted me to say it was a forever home, but I said I couldn't promise that, as life happens. I have no plans to move him on, he is delightful, but nor do I feel trapped with him. I wonder if a symbiotic relationship with one would benefit OP at the moment too?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The confusion lies in the fact that the OP has not anywhere said that she has had direct contact with the seller since agreeing to a 2nd viewing. All she has said is that there is an ad up with an increased price and therefore she has been priced out so there is no longer any point viewing. But unless she has missed out the bit about talking to the seller, she is just assuming the seller is no longer interested in selling to her at the price they agreed. Which may not be true. It also does not sound like the viewing has been cancelled just that the OP is not going to bother going anymore.

But the whole thread is very confusing, so who knows really what has been said/agreed by who.

This is where my confusion has been from too, but I think teacups is correct in her interpretation.

Horse2018

Visit site
How do you know it doesn't have issues?. I havent mentioned the horse, the name of the horse, the breed, the colour, her name, where in the country it is, whatsite its been advertised on, its age or even what i believe is wrong with it so how do you make that out?

Its blantantly obvious hence why physio was going to look.

If you bother to read the thread you will see on more than one ocassion i put that i didnt want to say anymore as it wasn't fair on the horse or owner.
Seriously getting a physio means nothing I know people who get one horse with no issues. You clearly aren’t interested in the horse so why bother posting this thread. So what if the owner wanted to put the price up why does its concern you. Your previous threads seen to suggest I want a horse and I want it now. Your not giving yourself time to grieve . Prices are crazy at the moment you would struggle to get what you looking with that budget.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Id have actually asked her about the price as soon as you saw it bumped up, she may well have done that purely because then theres room to negotiate or it may include the tack etc. My biggest concern would be the physical worries you have about the horse, I dont think Id want to spend any money, the fact its £2k more means nothing if the horse ends up breaking...

Frumpoon

Visit site
Seriously getting a physio means nothing I know people who get one horse with no issues. You clearly aren’t interested in the horse so why bother posting this thread. So what if the owner wanted to put the price up why does its concern you. Your previous threads seen to suggest I want a horse and I want it now. Your not giving yourself time to grieve . Prices are crazy at the moment you would struggle to get what you looking with that budget.

If you could just perhaps consider that this is a person possibly a bit older than you who has just lost a much loved friend. She is without a horse for the first time in many, many years and all the social support that goes with being amongst friends on a livery yard for a number of hours every day as well as the animal himself.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
She is without a horse for the first time in many, many years and all the social support that goes with being amongst friends on a livery yard for a number of hours every day as well as the animal himself.

This is a very important point, and one I suspect we often forget/don't realise until we're in that situation. I'd definitely underestimated it until I didn't have it.

Ellietotz

Visit site
Since you said he reminded you of Bailey and that you clicked straight away, I'd still be inclined to view him again with the physio. Tight muscles could be anything, he could have slipped in the field pratting about prior to your viewing so it wouldn't rule him out just yet for me, especially if you felt that way about him. As for the accident, that could have been caused by tack, teeth or something else not sinister too.

Is your viewing still booked in? If so, I'd confirm it with the seller and the original price agreed. I wouldn't make assumptions from the ad going up that the seller has ruled you out unless she has specifically told you this.

conniegirl

Visit site
My exact same thoughts the mind boggles
Me too!

Sorry but unless its a childs pony anyone wanting a second viewing of a horse i was selling would be out of luck. If you didn’t like it enough at first viewing then a second is highly unlikely to change that and a good horse will have a queue of people waiting to buy it and not mess round.

Ive never been to see a horse more than once before buying.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
If I have read it right: the seller has upped the price from £10K (when OP went to view) to £12K (in the advert), but has also said that s/he thinks horse is worth £15K.

In seller's mind the horse which was worth £10K is now worth £15K. If you view it like that £12K is indeed a bargain.

So the only basis for a second viewing is now at the increased price.

I think I would be put out too, plus it's possible the seller is just trying to add a bit of pressure. Either that or seller has been told by someone else that the horse market is bonkers and s/he should ask for much more money.

I might not have read it right!
In addition to potential misreading, the number of replies on this thread by people who have not bothered reading very many of the posts is impressive (that's not aimed at you btw - you seem to be the thorough sort, hence my reply). I suppose there are so many confusing replies now that it's not difficult - and I might be one of them, who knows. But to me it seemed fairly clear..
Thank you. Spot on 100%. I text her on tuesday after my friend had text me telling me the horse had been advertised. I asked her why she'd advertised him on Sunday (the date of the ad) when the same day she'd told me she wasn't going to advertise him snd had said she was happy for me and partner and physio friend to see the following sunday. She said she'd had a conflab with parents and trainer, the horses qualities made him worth £15k but she was now selling him for 12K and wished me luck finding my horse.

Anyway its all irrelevant now as i was PM'D by someone on this forum to say they had asked the seller for some videos of the horse as they were keen to view it this weekend and the horse has come in from the field lame and is being withdrawn from the market until it can be established whats wrong.

I won't be commenting further on this thread anymore as I am very upset at the moment (nothing to do with this horse btw as it looks like i was correct about him) and I'm having a break from horse hunting for a week.

Thank you for those who have been kind.

Birker2020

Visit site
My exact same thoughts the mind boggles
Unkind. Not needed, not helpful, not nice.
Is hopscotch bandit and Birker2020 the same person? If they are not and you have both lost Baileys I’m sorry to hear that.

I stand by my opinion on my original post that the seller hasn’t done much wrong. A physio shouldn’t be diagnosing a horse or even treating/touching it unless it’s under veterinary care. If you were concerned about physical issues I’d walk away or get a thorough vetting.
Yes we are the same. I was logged in as Birker2020 on my phone, i genuinely have no idea why it suddenly went back it was Birker2020 last night. I've just typed the above post sat in the car park at work waiting for someone to open up the portacabin and its come up as HB. Apologies, wasn't deliberate, I have taken photos/message off there and have just asked admin to delete the account.

I think my phone has a virus as there is no other logical explanation..................

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Unkind. Not needed, not helpful, not nice.

Yes we are the same. I was logged in as Birker2020 on my phone, i genuinely have no idea why it suddenly went back it was Birker2020 last night. I've just typed the above post sat in the car park at work waiting for someone to open up the portacabin and its come up as HB. Apologies, wasn't deliberate, I have taken photos/message off there and have just asked admin to delete the account.

I think my phone has a virus as there is no other logical explanation..................

You may have found my comment unkind but I find the amount of information you have put on this thread about other people and there horses unnecessary, if I were a seller it would put me off having anything to do with you let alone sell you a horse.

Sorry if it's blunt and unkind but I would seriously consider asking admin to lock this thread for your own benefit.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Me too!

Sorry but unless its a childs pony anyone wanting a second viewing of a horse i was selling would be out of luck. If you didn’t like it enough at first viewing then a second is highly unlikely to change that and a good horse will have a queue of people waiting to buy it and not mess round.

Ive never been to see a horse more than once before buying.
That is a bit un-usual, I know plenty of people who go back for second viewings. I always go twice and I am very experienced in buying horses. If a seller refused me a second viewing I would become very suspicious that there was something up with the horse. If they sell it in the mean time that is up to them, or I may pay a deposit. Going twice is a good way to good way to see if what you thought the first time was correct or you were getting a bit ahead of yourself.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
That is a bit un-usual, I know plenty of people who go back for second viewings. I always go twice and I am very experienced in buying horses. If a seller refused me a second viewing I would become very suspicious that there was something up with the horse. If they sell it in the mean time that is up to them, or I may pay a deposit. Going twice is a good way to good way to see if what you thought the first time was correct or you were getting a bit ahead of yourself.

Agreed.

Today when the market is bit hotter, I would certainly welcome a second viewing with the disclaimer that someone may come and look in the meantime so the buyer understands I am not holding the horse for them.

Sometimes when there is a lot of interest in a horse, with many good homes lined up, a second viewing might not be possible if someone that is very suitable comes along in the meantime and will buy after one ride.
That I can understand, but just straight up saying no to second viewings flat out, is a bit odd.

It's not that someone didn't like it enough at first viewing, it's that it is a big investment for some people and they want to be sure. Or if they're a bit inexperienced don't want to make the wrong decision. There are a variety of reasons.

It's sort of like when you try saddles and you're supposed to decide within a short test ride whether or not to fork over 4k based off of one ride. Some of us can do that, some can't.

Birker2020

Visit site
You may have found my comment unkind but I find the amount of information you have put on this thread about other people and there horses unnecessary, if I were a seller it would put me off having anything to do with you let alone sell you a horse.
But that's just it, I haven't. I've not disclosed anything at all about the horse, nothing that would make you know who the seller was unless you went on a huge fishing trip and scrutinised every advert in an effort to cause maximum grief and anguish. And I didn't say anything about the other one other than what the seller has already admitted herself both in her advert and on this forum using words that were different to mine totally. So I haven't done anything in the slightest wrong to implicate the seller for either horse and far less that what one forum user said to the second horse seller, which was "if that's your horse in the video it's lame".

It is the same people that have tried to bend and twist words to suit their own agenda and try and get me to bite and enjoy this aspect of the forum that have caused the issues and not me. It's like people are now trying to discredit my friend which I'm horrified about. My friend had not intention of 'touching' the horse, she is a professional and knows the rules around what you can and can't do as a physio, unless the horse has been since first by a vet. I didn't imply at all that she was going to 'touch' the horse, she was coming with me to see him in the flesh to decide for herself as it was hard to tell on the footage that I had (I had filmed into the sun) and the sun was so bright it was hard to make out too much other than what was obvious (Again I will not be drawn into saying what it is - I have said this a number of times throughout this thread).

I have asked admin to delete this but as has been suggested on previous posts a few weeks ago, if it is strongly suspected that 'admin' are indeed just normal forum users that have been appointed as admin then I doubt anything will be done or it certainly won't be done for my benefit.

Last edited:

Bernster

Visit site
I generally always wants to try a horse twice. I’ve had ones that felt ok first time but were different second time around. Or you might want to do different stuff with it, like hack out or take it jumping. In the current market that seems a luxury though and many people are buying unseen, or on a first viewing - whether that makes a difference, time will tell perhaps! I bought B after 1 viewing as he had a long queue of people waiting and I was the 1st to view. If I’d gone a 2nd time I suspect I’d have realised his flatwork would need a bit more work, but I’d still have bought him!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I have no history with you in either of your incarnations but just from an outside perspective I have no idea why this post is being singled out as seller bashing when there is a whole thread on irritating FB ads that has run for thousands of posts without attracting that sort of criticism.

Thanks for clarifying and sorry you have missed out on the horse, but sounds like your concerns were justified.

Birker2020

Visit site

see post 111

Last edited:

I'm Dun

Visit site
But that's just it, I haven't. I've not disclosed anything at all about the horse, nothing that would make you know who the seller was unless you went on a huge fishing trip and scrutinised every advert in an effort to cause maximum grief and anguish.

you said enough for someone to identify the horse and PM you saying it was lame and withdrawn from sale, so clearly some people do know and have identified the horse and owner.

Birker2020

Visit site
Yes I apologise. WHen I said in reply 4 the words belowI assumed that people would realise that I'd had some sort of conversation/test with her that Tuesday evening.

She's had a conflab with family and trainer and seemed to think the horse was worth £15K but is now asking £12K so I am definetely out of the running. She seemed quite happy about that so I expect it was because I'd said I wanted to show the videos to my friend or she was just shallow and thought I wasn't suitable.

Maybe I should have explained it in more detail, I was just upset about the fact that we couldn't go and see it a second time and that she'd obviously known she was going to increase the price before we'd even set out of the front door.

Birker2020

Visit site
you said enough for someone to identify the horse and PM you saying it was lame and withdrawn from sale, so clearly some people do know and have identified the horse and owner.

The person that PM'd me was interested in viewing the horse and asked me if it was the same one and to let me know what had been told to them.

Of course if people are really hell bent on trying to discover the horse by going through all the sales ads for every single sales site so as to cause trouble then it says a lot about them. Why someone would do that is beyond me. I have protected the identity of the horse and seller throughout this.

Birker2020

Visit site
I also get confused why discussing adverts is seen as bad? Adverts are in the public domain for looking and discussing surely? Isn't that the point of an advert?
It's not. There are literally scores of posts on the forum of forum members discussing horses in adverts in much greater detail. But its more fun to target me and single me out as being 'bad' and to slur and vilify me and make disparaging remarks when I have protected the identity of the person in question.

Last edited:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
It's not. There are literally scores of posts on the forum of forum members discussing horses in adverts in much greater detail. But its more fun to target me and single me out as being 'bad' when I have protected the identity of the person in question.

Ok, I'll bite, since you took great exception to my first post (this is only the third on the thread btw).

I was commenting because after the seller of the totally unrelated horse whose ad was posted on this thread had asked for it to be deleted, and Admin had taken it down, people on here (including you) were still talking about it. That was all.

I also suggested you check which identity you were posting under, as it was confusing (not everyone knows all your previous usernames) for other posters. I've not, afaik, actually had any particular dealings with you over the years, so I have no idea why you would think I was targeting you in any way.

You then responded to my post with an incredibly long, argumentative diatribe which, tbh, would put me off ever having anything to do with you either here or in RL. And if that is how you behave in general, then my second post stands.

Perhaps if you had begun the thread by giving the information you have supplied this morning, you would have had different responses throughout.

Birker2020

Visit site
As soon as i saw the girl had taken exception i edited my post, literally seconds after.

When i explained to you in great detail how you were totally mistaken and I'd not criticised the second horse to the extent you were making out, instead of coming back to me and holding your hand up and admitting that you'd got it wrong and had been mistaken you then made another disparaging remark to make me look small and gloss over your mistake a bit like you have again by describing my explanation as 'an incredibly long and argumentative diatribe'. In fact i was trying to stick up for myself by describing that I'd done nothing wrong and that another user had been far more 'descriptive' than i had.

But i expect you wouldn't have a go at that user when you get far more enjoyment tearing me apart.

In fact I've had three pm's this morning from forum users aghast at the way I've been vilified on here.

paddy555

Visit site
what am amazing thread. On Tues eve the seller and buyer communicated and, after taking advice, the seller raised the price to 12K. Buyer decided she was definitely out of the running. End of. It was a mean thing to do by the seller but in this red hot market I suppose it does happen. Buyer doesn't even start this thread until after that communication. Could have just said, how mean the seller let me go to all the trouble of a first visit and then raised the price. Instead there are 116 posts going round in circles about a potential purchase that had come to an abrupt halt before the thread was even started.

I'm Dun

Visit site
But i expect you wouldn't have a go at that user when you get far more enjoyment tearing me apart.

In fact I've had three pm's this morning from forum users aghast at the way I've been vilified on here.

Do you think this might be the issue? your posts were confusing which did not help at all, but you have been incredibly dramatic claiming you have been vilified and singled out. I've read the whole thing and people have been kind to you. If someone else came on here with multiple user names and a weird story I dont think they would have gotten the kindness you have been shown.

And in decades of using internet forums no good has ever come from claiming to receive PMs supporting you. People just dismiss it as nonsense. It cant be proven and it makes your version of events look even more unreliable.

If what you are doing/saying consistently gets negative results then you need to change something, and as you cant control the actions of others, it needs to be the way you interact.

I am saying this to try and help you before you start accusing me of all sorts.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Ok, I'll bite, since you took great exception to my first post (this is only the third on the thread btw).

I was commenting because after the seller of the totally unrelated horse whose ad was posted on this thread had asked for it to be deleted, and Admin had taken it down, people on here (including you) were still talking about it. That was all.

I also suggested you check which identity you were posting under, as it was confusing (not everyone knows all your previous usernames) for other posters. I've not, afaik, actually had any particular dealings with you over the years, so I have no idea why you would think I was targeting you in any way.

You then responded to my post with an incredibly long, argumentative diatribe which, tbh, would put me off ever having anything to do with you either here or in RL. And if that is how you behave in general, then my second post stands.

Perhaps if you had begun the thread by giving the information you have supplied this morning, you would have had different responses throughout.

God, you're boring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.