It's why Ireland is so green...

sportsmansB

Visit site
So disappointed Glaslough Eventing Ireland cancelled tomorrow due to so much rain this week 😟
Aim for this year was to do an EI 90 on lovely Bella, despite the fact that at Easter I hadn't been cross country more than once a year for about a decade, and she was still running away at every opportunity...
so a few months, new bit & brave pants for me later, we have jumped clear xc round 3 EI90's and had entered for our first EI100
And now it's CANCELLED!!!
No more anywhere near us this season so that's probably it. Devastated doesn't even cover it...
Still delighted to have achieved what we did & to be loving cross country again though. She is such a star🌟🌟🌟

paddi22

Visit site
How disappointing after all your work :(
Killossery are still doing jumpcross if you fancied a trip down the M1?
yeah such a pity, was surprised to see it cancel. i'm rnning at kilmanaghan and haf expecting that to be a washout.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I am toying with entering Kilossery as the forecast is much better for Sunday
And my mare wouldn't be too disappointed to dispense with the dressage anyway...
good luck at Kilmanahan, it's a lovely course ☘️

Branna

Visit site
Sorry to hear you have eventing cancelled, wish you could send some rain our way!
I'm in South East England and we seem to have missed almost all of the rain for the last two months. I have never seen our fields look so drab, dead grass and rock hard ground!
Hoping for some rain the the next couple of weeks for some autumn hunter trials.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm in the South East too but we've had the best weather, bit of rain, bit of sun. However, feel your pain, I can't go eventing as my horse is lame. We'd booked in to do our first BE together at Munstead last week.

Fiona

Visit site
If there is something further away would T find space for you on the lorry?

Weather forecast for Saturday is horrendous all day. Eventing would not be pleasant :(

We are xc schooling at tullymurry on Sunday, you could jump the PN fences...

Fiona

nato

Visit site
Good news is the Hunter Trials are back on! Anyone doing Kilruddery next week? I'm taking my youngster for a trot round the Pre Novice Pairs class for his first one!

Paddi22 not an EI member but will likely affiliate next year - but an aspiring Irish eventer no less :)

sportsmansB

Visit site
It would be fab to have post event discussion on here! Unfortunately I am pretty restricted to the NR events as I score them too, & the very thought of scoring on Sat then going home to bath plait & ride the enormous white mare for a 4am start on Sun is not appealing!
Love some of the southern events though, Kilmanahan on Sun would have been great
Ended up going unaff SJ on Sun, went to jump 90 and 1m, the 90 was huge with a treble & everything - had 1 down, hailstones came, went home instead of metre!!

paddi22

Visit site
kilmanaghan was good craic, got third so was delighted, was a great way to end the year. XC course was absolutely TINY though. I only did the 90s as horse just started this year, but was really surprised how small it was!

sportsmansB

Visit site
Aw I wish I had done my first 100 there!

Courses vary a lot at 90 - we had Loughanmore which was mostly the same as the 100, big solid logs, then Knockany which was mostly teeny but then some crazy bits (roller on top of drop then 2 strides to a skinny!!)

paddi22

Visit site
yeah it seems to vary a lot! apart from a trackhener (which was tiny) there was nothing that would caused anyone to worry at all. I don;t mind courses being small once they throw in a few combinations or something that you have to actually think about. Kilmanaghan just seemed to be a load of small jumps straight infront of eachother.

The 2 star course looked amazing though, the water complex was so tricky

nato

Visit site
Well done Paddi! I'll make sure to make Kilmanahan my first venue with my youngster! :)

I always find Killossery to be up to height