Ive filled my empty stable, meet our new mare..

Asha

Visit site
I just fancied a bit of a project, so kept my eye open for a 'something'. My criteria was that it had to be different from Harry who passed away earlier this year. Well, shes very different ! She arrived yesterday, a 6yo 16.3 WB unbroken broodmare, just weaned her foal, and in foal again for next year. Due in May. Shes had limited handling, basically covered and turned out in a broodmare herd. I genuinely expected a wild nutter to come off the box. ( She has never travelled, been at the same place her entire life ).

She strolled off as casual as you like and went straight into her stable and started munching her hay ( photo taken 30mins after arriving). She hasn't called for her foal once. I turned her out with the legend that is Asha, who took to her straight away. Ive started the basics, with a bit of grooming, which she enjoyed around her neck, but a little nervous when I went on her back, so will take things slowly. Today my farrier came , and as she was desperate as you can see from photo he said he would have a go. She was a little unsure bit with some coaxing and a bucket of chaff, she now has 4 lovely trimmed tootsies. Shes just been turned out again, and walked passed our forklift , van and bundle of fluff Wallace the dog. Pretty chuffed as shesonly been here a day.

Will be doing lots of gentle handling before the dentist comes. Plan is to get some condition on her, get a foal on the ground and then back her and see if we can make an eventer out of her. So far, her temperament has been outstanding. It will be interesting to see what shes like when she has more condition. heres Hosanna

hosanna3.JPG

SpringArising

Visit site
She's gorgeous! I wonder what her personality will be like when she's settled. I find it's very common for them to be little angels while they're still a bit shocked from a move!

Asha

Visit site
She looks very sweet.
How is she bred and who is she in foal too?

shes quite well bred, her sire is by Ustinov, he was sold to the USA and is out 2star eventing from what im told, the dam is Olmetta (Flipper D'elle) x Cambridge (caletto) The dam has already bred one licensed stallion, and the stud have another that is going for grading.

The foal is by another young stallion by Im special de muze. I met him and hes very nice, like a big puppy.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Very nice, and the very best of luck with her. Tell me, is there any reason why you can't start breaking her for riding now?