Iveco daily 6tonne

smiles24

Visit site
Does anyone have an iveco 6tonne? I'm looking at a 2 horse foreward facing on a 1998 plate.

I'd be looking to take two 17hh horses in it, horse area size allowing.

What are they like to drive? Are the engines up to the job?

Many thanks

black_horse

Visit site
I have an iveco 6 tonne forward facing lorry, i love it! So reliable, only thing ever to go wrong on it is the windscreenwasher pump got blocked once. Starts first time every time.

n670970977_1468004_4849.jpg

The inside has loads of room for my 17hh mare!

n670970977_1468005_5728.jpg

n670970977_1468036_8466.jpg

the inside of the cab is basic but its a bloody good lorry

n670970977_1468038_9116.jpg

Our modest day living, i had a cupboadr (just one lol) added, there is a seat which is hollow so extra storage, a mirror on the back of the door, saddle racks, bridle racks and hangers, i have also had a running bar put on the luton so i can use that for storage if needed.

n670970977_1468035_8174.jpg

Sunshine

Visit site
We have an Iveco Lambourne built from new. If you don't have too much living/extras fitted you should be ok on weight but I would be a little concerned on head height for 17hh horses - think they tend to be only 7ft internal height max. But otherwise a fab chassis and properly built to take the weight instead of a modified 'van'.

frazzled

Visit site
I have one. Easy to drive box. Room for two large horses. Good day living two can sleep in it at a push but would say one night at a time was enough. Have done long trips in it with no problem. Gearbox can be a bit sticky. Actually come to think of it ours is a 6.5ton so may not be so relevant. Sorry

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
Ive got a 6.5 tonne iveco 1999. Ive had it four years now and the only thing ive had to spend on it was a new battery and two new wheels!! Its been great!!! Mine has full living in it though and is herringbone so wouldnt fit 17HH, but mine are only 32" so suits me!!! :D

black_horse

Visit site
Ive got a 6.5 tonne iveco 1999. Ive had it four years now and the only thing ive had to spend on it was a new battery and two new wheels!! Its been great!!! Mine has full living in it though and is herringbone so wouldnt fit 17HH, but mine are only 32" so suits me!!! :D

Ives had to pay for new hubcaps and a lockable fuel cap after theives broke my fuel cap, stole my fuel and stole my hubcaps :mad:

Coop

Visit site
There is one for sale on Horsemart, £8950, not sure if its a 5912 or the 65, its a dealer who has loads on buts its on the first 4 or 5 pages, in blue xx

ticobay831

Visit site
could the people who have the 6 tonn foreward facing lorry please let me have the dimentions for the horse areas please, if you dont mind that is :)
we have a 7.5 tonn and have had no luck seeling it at all even though its a lovely sound box, we are thinking about making the horse area a little bigger as my lad is quite long and needs just a little bit more room lengh ways, im hoping that the alterations can be done so i can get him out and about this year.
we will have to loose some of the living to do this but just wanted to know what sort of size would be adaquate for a big horse.

Coop

Visit site
Hi, my 6.5 tonne forward facing is 9.5 foot long, 7 ft wide, chest breastbar to tail I think is 6.9, headroom 7.6 hope this helps. We carry my sisters big mare, 16.3 7 foot rugs with room to spare. If you look on the peper harrow website they have dimensions of their forward facing ones, I used these when looking for my perfect lorry! x

ticobay831

Visit site
Thanks coop will go and have a look now, we could do with moving the breast bar but there really isnt enoguh room to do so, so my thoughts are to take the bresat bar to the wall of the living part and move the wall foreward into the living, if that makes sence :-/ just need to work out how to do the partiton, because it will have to be longer than it is it will have to fold in the middle to lay flat against the side when loading. does this make sense ??

Coop

Visit site
Yeah that sounds like a plan, once you took the wall down you would know how it was put up! Does it have a door through to the living?. My partition has a telescopic bit that pokes out the end, so i can make one side with a bit of an angle by pulling it out longer, you may be able to make it longer with something like that, or have the whole thing extended by getting someone to weld something on to it?

Jesstickle

Visit site
My friend has one and gives us lifts. We love Netty (as she is called). BH isn't tall but he wears a 6'9'' rug so is loooong and he fits really well. They travel really well on there and he's much easier to load on to her forward facing lorry with a side ramp than he is to put on a 7.5t conventional sideways box, seems to prefer it! And she has a bit of living in hers too Just a sink and a little hob and a little bench seat but even so, somewhere to make a cuppa.