Iveco Eurocargo E15 - Flashing Glow Plug Light

mrsew

Visit site
Hello - Has anyone come across this before?...went to start lorry on Saturday and the glow plug light was flashing. Lorry did start and I left it running for a while, switched it off & then started again and all was fine. Yesterday same thing happened again, although it did struggle a little to start (it was colder here yesterday). I'm thinking glow plugs may need replacing. Thanks in advance

Proud Wexford Hero

Visit site
Hi, when you start your lorry, do you wait for the orange glow plug light to go out first before fully starting it? If not, then try that, and it should be ok. If this doesn't work, then it could very well be that you will need your glow plugs replacing. :) hope this helps!

perfect11s

Visit site
Hello - Has anyone come across this before?...went to start lorry on Saturday and the glow plug light was flashing. Lorry did start and I left it running for a while, switched it off & then started again and all was fine. Yesterday same thing happened again, although it did struggle a little to start (it was colder here yesterday). I'm thinking glow plugs may need replacing. Thanks in advance
Its the cold start there isnt glow plugs as such just one in the inlet that burns diesel ! just start the lorry and it will flash until it warms up a little...

mrsew

Visit site
Thanks PWH - yes I let the light go out first, however now it is flashing straight the way if you see what I mean, so as soon as you turn ignition it is already flashing. Thanks for your reply. Sx

OWLIE185

Visit site
You probably need a new battery and glowplug, or you may have a bad earth return but you would need a commercial vehicle electrician to check it out to get a proper diagnosis.