Iwho would you like to see ride your horse

crabbymare

Visit site
following on from what forum horse would you like to ride and can no one else ride your horse. who (forum member or otherwise) would you like to see ride your horse or (if they were magically light enough) pony? for me I used to have someone who came over sometimes and it was lovely to see how whichever horse she rode went for her as she was one of those people who could get on a grumpy seaside donkey and have it going really well and with a smile on its face within a very short time. If I had a ridden horse now she would be the one I would have to ride it

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
I'd like someone like Michael Jung.It would be cool to see how far my lad could go in eventing

alainax

Visit site
Forum member- Cortez, has experience with the breed and I think could get a lot out of him :)

Otherwise- carl Hester and Sylvia loch. I admire both styles of riding for different things, and would love to see how my gelding would respond. ( unless he had a melt down at not getting let away with things :p)

sasquatch

Visit site
Would love for Carl Hester to jump on B, would be interesting to see if he could get an actual canter from him rather than his odd shuffly pace. And to see how he would go for a 'proper' rider.

I would also love to let WFP have a go, for the same reason. Although he may need to bring his own stirrup leathers, as mine are quite short :p

Annagain

Visit site
I'd like Mark Todd to ride M - so many people have said they think M would have gone advanced in the right hands, I'd love the opinion of someone who would be those 'right hands'.

I think I'd put a really good dressage rider on A but he's not too fond of men so it would probably have to be Charlotte rather than Carl. I'd expect him to throw his toys out of the pram at least once when he'sasked to do something he doesn't understand so would be worried about him temporarily halting their careers!

Last edited:

windand rain

Visit site
think Carl would quite like the bonkers one but getting a tune out of the od girl would be a joy to watch. She has spent far too long nannying beginners

horselady

Visit site
Any rider who thinks that making the horse ride with its head between its knees will give them more control. My mare would have them off in a second if they tried to make her head go down too low.

Visit site
Matti Batchalor on Ted.

Now that would be hugely entertaining! And I wouldn't put it past Batch to take you up on the offer if you asked him!

I've always said I would love for Carl Hester to see Gray - note I said SEE not ride... he would offer me a blank cheque on the spot when he saw his moves!| He may demand it back if he ever sat on him though!

npage123

Visit site
My horse is semi-retired now, only hacking at walk.

But if I could turn back time:

Dressage - Emile Faurie
Show Jumping - Rodrigo Pesssoa
Cross Country - Tina Cook

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Charlotte Dujardin.

Michael Jung for jumping I'd put really spooky jumps up as he is really spooky over new jumps so it would be fascinating to see his approach to getting him round

Inspired by AA's suggestion if he was younger AP or Ruby Walsh could take him hunting as I've suspected he'd enjoy it but the thought of him stopping, me coming off and him loose in all those open fields when he's a pain to catch at the best of times led to me never trying!!

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I think tickets would be sold out in no time to see that one :D

He would be able to pay off all his fines incurred for naughtiness !

I would love to see Carl ride him, and milk as much info as possible for techniques to make Ted wait and relax. I am sure there is a key to riding fast forward cart horses. I also like Richard Davison's way on a horse. Cross country Tina Cook and Lucinda Green, beautiful hands and always in balance. There is a highly successful lady rider who I can't watch, haven't seen her for a long while now though, she might have finished. Most of the showjumpers make me winch, big bits, bizarre nosebands and ham fists other than the real elite riders of course.

Racing would be Paul Carberry.

Visit site
Geoff Billington should get on one of my shetlands! Now that would be funny! John Whitaker has been on one of my shetlands before I got him in the Christmas Parade at Olympia!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
No one grand would ever want to ride my nags.

I like to watch my instructor ride Kevin, she gets him going so I can see where to aim. I would like to see the local IH , RA, Suzanne Halsey ride Kevin because she rides so nicely , so effectively,yet quietly , how I wish I could ride.

Mike007

Visit site
Cortez actually. Bob the notacob is a bit speshul and I have a hunch that Cortez might get somewhere with him. Oh yes ,and Pedantic ,they would get on like a house on fire.

sasquatch

Visit site
He would be able to pay off all his fines incurred for naughtiness !

I would love to see Carl ride him, and milk as much info as possible for techniques to make Ted wait and relax. I am sure there is a key to riding fast forward cart horses. I also like Richard Davison's way on a horse. Cross country Tina Cook and Lucinda Green, beautiful hands and always in balance. There is a highly successful lady rider who I can't watch, haven't seen her for a long while now though, she might have finished. Most of the showjumpers make me winch, big bits, bizarre nosebands and ham fists other than the real elite riders of course.

Racing would be Paul Carberry.

I would pay good money to see Mattie Batch on Ted! I'm sure he would wide him well, he is a pwofessional wemember!