jackets - what do you wear?

Sessle

Visit site
I just wear my plain blue show jacket, I don't think you can really notice the difference unless your up close! If you think you'll be cold you can always pop a jumper underneath the jacket (although I won't be doing that again! I was soooooo hot!! lol)
And don't spend to much, last time I went, I got oil splashed all over my jacket :( So glad I didn't wear my expensive tweed! :)

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I would wear tweed. I actually checked with my Sec this year and was told tweed is never incorrect. I've read on here a few times too. If mine was up to it and was going to hunt all season, I'd have invested in a proper wool hunt jacket but if you're only going out a couple of times then stick with your tweed.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Wear whatever you have that is warmest, tweed or black/navy, standing on the side of a hill can get very cold.
Beige Jods are correct anyway, not white.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I think a show jacket would be quite chilly in this weather, nothing worse than spending all day freezing to death! Tweed jackets are always correct, and far warmer than show jackets :)

millitiger

Visit site
i wear a show jacket and just put a thermal jumper underneath if i think it is going to be really cold- however my horse pulls like a train which tends to keep me plenty warm enough!

if you already have a tweed wear that though, no point buying a new jacket if you have one!

corran

Visit site
I bought my hunt coat off ebay £95 for a £450 coat so I had to dry clean it .........if you want to go for the correct (and warmest I must admit) kit I would say ebay is your first port of call

montydonkey

Visit site
Gets covered in mud within minutes so can't see a problem with a black show jacket - I won't wear my nice tweed jacket hunting as I don't want it ruined for the show season. Many people bang on about turn out, look smart but more sensibly be safe. White should only only be saved for lifes skinny people, horrible wobbly cellulite thighs (my own included!) on display is far worse than than turning up unplaited in my eyes!