Jade Lazenby?

ajf

Visit site
Can anyone clarify her Elimination for me please.

Am confused, as she had stop at corner and then one at sunken road and took long route. However she was further on and they announced she had a third stop, maybe for crossing her track but she was not stopped anywhere and completed the course.
confused.gif
I thought they were supposedly stopped, especially with the number of stewards etc on course.

SpottedCat

Visit site
She wasn't stopped because the ground jury were reviewing the footage to decide whether she had crossed her tracks or not at F15, the sunken road. If someone has had an obvious stop then yes they do pull them up, however in this case it wasn't clear unless you viewed two diff TV angles whether she had taken a long route incorrectly which meant she crossed her tracks, so a 'technical refusal' rather than an actual stop.

I think they decided that as it was a TR not a stop it was wiser to allow her to complete and then make the decision when they had time to review the footage properly rather than incorrectly pull her up if that makes sense.

I thought Control did an amazing job yesterday, esp with the hold on course and allowing the horse behind Tony Warr through in front of him (the italian) to make everyone's lives easier!!

ajf

Visit site
Ah thanks Lec, that makes much more sense. Just with the commenatory it sounded like they were expecting her to be stopped but she wasn't.

Yes I agree the control was great all day yesterday

ajf

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Scarily I am not lec.....but we are apparently interchangable in your mind
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops
blush.gif
Have no idea why that happened
blush.gif
going to blame reading one of her posts just before
smirk.gif

JamesPeakman

New User
Visit site
maybe it was for smacking the horse when riding away from the fence...she must have been frustrated by missing the stride but it always seems a little out of order

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
JP often the rider will wallop the horse to remind it to get it's mind on the job, not particularly as a punishment. She isn't the only one, i've just watched Mary King do exactly the same thing on Apache Sauce.
Riders at this level know exactly when to use their whip, and don't use it lightly, I'm assuming the horse wasn't listening to her which is why it got some reminders.
You don't get eliminated for a few smacks unless the rules have changed
grin.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi T, did you have fun yesterday?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge amounts of fun and I have volunteered my services in the future too
grin.gif
grin.gif

ETA: Back to the Jade issue - I actually would not be at all surprised to hear MasterBlaster was suffering from a virus or similar - he did not look nearly as classy and forward as he normally does and I was a bit surprised Jade didn't pull him up as she could clearly feel he wasn't 100%

Saratoga

Visit site
I was also surprised that she didn't pull him up, he really didn't look like he was going well, and he's not a youngster that needed the experience?

I was also concerned at how much she was using the whip in front of, over and after the fences on such an experienced horse.

k1963

Visit site
The horse didn't seem ' right ' in himself & I was hoping she'd pull up before they had an accident ( which thankfully they didn't . )

There seem to be a lot of horses who may be suffering from some sort of virus at the moment
frown.gif

Btw - anyone know why Emily Baldwin pulled up Drivetime after their blip in the lake ? I thought I saw something fly into the water & presumed it was a shoe , but it could have been anything . Shame , as they were going very well .