Jason Day (Australian not the dealer)

AML

Visit site
Does anybody have a direct experience of sending a horse to Jason Day?

It's for a horse that wasn't started well and is carrying some mental trauma.

Pm's welcome as are other suggestions. Thanks

TPO

Visit site
Do you mean the Australian Jason Webb?

I had a Google and "Jason Day Horse" brings up a link to this forum about a dodgy dealer. "Jason Day Australian Horse trainer" doesn't being up anything besides the golfer.

If you do mean Jason Webb then yes, only ever heard good things about him.

Similar trainers, if he didn't have availability, would be Joe Midgley, Guy Robertson and perhaps Shane Boreland

Last edited:

AML

Visit site
That’s the one thank you!

Bizarrely my search engine ended up at the right person, but I didn’t notice the name change

Reactions: TPO

Ratface

Visit site
Jason Webb is local to us. A friend of mine used to work with him. I have heard nothing other than praise for him and his methods. Very calm and consistent.

VRIN

Visit site
My horse was backed by Jason Webb. I saw the videos they took. He was great. I bought him after he had been backed but whilst still 4. He had very little experience of the outside world as he was born and lived at the same place until coming to me (apart from going to Jason). He was great and a credit to breeder and Jason.

AML

Visit site
Thank you for your comments.

Waiting is fine - it's important to get the next step right for this special horse. They truly are humbling at times

Yeomans

Visit site
Jason is a neighbour of mine and is very patient, friendly and always gives good advice. Dont think he is taking any more in until November 2022! Give him a ring, he is very nice.

AML

Visit site
Wow, that is some wait list!
I have dropped a line to them and looked at the other suggestions, which are sadly only ruled out on location.

flying_high

Visit site
Wow, that is some wait list!
I have dropped a line to them and looked at the other suggestions, which are sadly only ruled out on location.

There is someone who used to work with Jason Webb, something like Tom Mitchell (or similar name) who has set up his own business, is recommended by Jason Webb, and has a much shorter wait list.