Jeep Cherokee Recall Update

Clannad48

Visit site
Ok so I have finally had a response from Fiat which goes as follows:

"We refer to our email of 19th November 2014 (copy of which is attached) in which we advised you that Fiat Group Automobiles UK Ltd is assisting with the coordination of aftercare of Jeep vehicles registered on or before 1st September 2010.

Fiat Group Automobiles UK Ltd would like to assure you that have been doing all we can to expedite procurement of the tow bar which we have identified and which meets the requirements of the recall campaign.

By way of update, we would like to advise you that availability of the tow bar is anticipated for the end of April 2015. We will contact you again once we have final confirmation of UK delivery.

Yours Sincerely,"

Only have to wait util the end of April then..........

Clannad48

Visit site
OK DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

I have today received an email which contains a letter stating that the towbars are now available and will be fitted FREE OF CHARGE at the dealership of my choice. :) :) :) it's only taken 8 months but :) :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And quite right too.

I could not believe their attitude on the previous thread, and was one of the people who commented on their Facebook page asking for clarification on the issue, as I could not BELIEVE that the story I had been told was true. They did not reply, and the comment was removed, but quite a few people did comment, so well done for publicising, campaigning, and allowing other people to help too. :)

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
ok drum roll please.

I have today received an email which contains a letter stating that the towbars are now available and will be fitted free of charge at the dealership of my choice. :) :) :) it's only taken 8 months but :) :)

ta daaaaa!

doodle

Visit site
I have missed this. I had my jeep recalled and the dealership said something along the lines of accepting the risk as they only other thing I could do was take the tow bar off totally and not fit another and this was what the majority of customers were doing.

Clannad48

Visit site
Kamikaze, there is a long thread on this on the forum. If you have signed the 'waiver' it "might" be that you are uninsured as some insurance companies have taken the stance that you are driving a vehicle that is unsafe. I suggest that you talk to your insurer as a matter of urgency if you have not already done so especially if you have signed the waiver and still have your original towbar that has 'failed' the recall test.

It has been an 8 month battle to get this sorted. If you want to look at the thread please do, there is also a facebook group called N46 Cherokee Recall and several threads on other sites such as Linked-In and also on a couple fo American 4x4 sites.

If you still have your 'failed' towbar on your car and are still towing I recommend that you contact your local dealership and arrange for a new towbar to be fitted. Mine was fitted free of charge and is a nice bit of kit. PM me is you want any further information or advice, I'm no expert but have been involved in this since October last year.

Clannad48

Visit site
Hi everyone, I been asked to check with you all regarding this issue as to whether any of you did NOT receive a recall letter from VOSA and thereby found out about it by chance or reading this forum. If this is the case please could you let me know, either by replying to this post or by PM -

Many thanks