Jeffries Bio-grip reins - any users?

vivhewe

Visit site
Has anyone or does anyone have or use Jeffries bio-grip reins (the really soft rubber ones)

If so any feedback good or bad is appreciated
smile.gif
Basically are they any good and has the rubber split on them or worn away quite quickly? I know they haven't been out long so maybe not, but I want to make sure they are good before I spend £50 on a pair!

viv x

Law

Visit site
I've got Jeffries rubber reins (not sure if its the same ones you mean) but they are awful. They perished after I got caught out in a hack when it poured and poured. The rubber perished far too easily so there is no way i'd buy them again. I'm not sure if they are the ones you mean. I'm still going to get some 'dressage' ones the ones that are grippy on the inside and use them for showing - hopefully i won't get caught in a thunderstorm with them!!

ajb

Visit site
yup I bought a pair klast winter and loved them soo much bought a black pair for my dressage bridle!!..really like them, seem to wear very well i do lots of 20 mile endurance rides/pleasure rides and horse goes on holiday and they havent worn yet and are so nice to handle..definately worth the money!!.

Fiona

Visit site
Yes - bought hubbie a pair for Xmas, and he is v pleased with them. Great grip and v soft, the only reins I would use with no gloves. Haven't had them long enough to advise on durability though - ask me again in six months.
Have had 2 pairs of eventa reins, one lasted 2 years before getting v smooth, the other pair is still quite new, but the bio grip reins are definitely better grip.
Fiona

KatB

Visit site
Love them for grip, had the luxury of using them on the horse I took eventing last year. Fab to hold, and really good grip. Really rate them
grin.gif