Jftd ponies missing

Dry Rot

Visit site
As I posted elsewhere, maybe this is a heads up for the rest of us to write our post code on the top of our trailers in large letters so they can be seen by a police helicopter?

I do like the idea of the GPS tag. I've used telemetry in falconry for years and that can be tremendously useful, but not 100% reliable. GPS on even one horse in a herd sounds like a no brainer as they will usually stay together.

I had a Highland pony bolt up the road about 35 years ago and I still shudder to think about it. Horrific! Fortunately, nothing hit my pony either but as I was following on foot I was expecting to hear a loud bang at any moment. That is one scenario that scares me to bits. I feel for you, Phil!

Feival

Visit site
So Glad they are safe and home. My friend in Nazeing Hertfordshire hard her yard burgled Friday evening. 10 saddles 13 Bridles and other bits and pieces where taken, I bet both thefts where commited by the same people 🙁🙁

Princess16

Visit site
So glad to hear they are back home safe and sound and not too traumatised from their horrific adventure. Hope the barstewards are caught!

Sparkles

Visit site
Jesus I hope they recover from their ordeal but so relieved you found them. My heart stopped when I read this post.

Ceriann

Visit site
So pleased you found them safe and sound - I imagine it was a horrendous few hours. There are some pretty sh(((y people about and I hope they are caught.

PollyP99

Visit site
Shocking and sick bar stewards to have such disregard for the welfare of the animals they leave in their trail, I so wish karma was more reliable and they get as bad back! Glad they are safe, what a hideous night you must have had.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
As I posted elsewhere, maybe this is a heads up for the rest of us to write our post code on the top of our trailers in large letters so they can be seen by a police helicopter?

I do like the idea of the GPS tag. I've used telemetry in falconry for years and that can be tremendously useful, but not 100% reliable. GPS on even one horse in a herd sounds like a no brainer as they will usually stay together.

I had a Highland pony bolt up the road about 35 years ago and I still shudder to think about it. Horrific! Fortunately, nothing hit my pony either but as I was following on foot I was expecting to hear a loud bang at any moment. That is one scenario that scares me to bits. I feel for you, Phil!

What a good idea- I'd heard but forgotten about that - will definitely do that to my trailer.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Thanks all. I'm very happy to have them back and they do seem to be ok after their adventures. I appreciate all the help people have offered and the general kindness towards them massively x

So Glad they are safe and home. My friend in Nazeing Hertfordshire hard her yard burgled Friday evening. 10 saddles 13 Bridles and other bits and pieces where taken, I bet both thefts where commited by the same people 🙁🙁

Probably. And quite possibly the same people who took my tack a couple of years back. People can be all kinds of scum. On the other hand, they can also be quite lovely - as evidenced by the number of people who shared posts, sent me messages of support, offered help, or even pitched up in the middle of the night to hunt ponies last night. It's a shame they're such polar opposites!

I think that's not a bad idea. If I get it back or replace it, I'll look into it!

GPS probably works better if you buy one designed for the purpose (pet tags) but they're much more expensive and I wasn't sure it would work in principle. Mine isn't waterproof, but I knew that and I should've done something about it before yesterday. Hindsight...

Yes. Horrific thought. Utterly worst nightmare, really.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Only just seen this and my heart stopped at the thread title as we all love Fergs and Daemon. So glad they are safe but so sorry you had to go through this - worst nightmare indeed!

indiat

Visit site
So glad they are back! I do love reading and looking at pics of your ponies, JFTD. And also a wake up call to me, my lot are not even microchipped. None but the Highland would be worth anything, but it would break my heart if any of my bargain basement ponies were taken.