Jftd ponies missing

Sheep

Visit site
This is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever had to post, but as of about 9pm this evening my horses are both missing. I presume stolen as my fence has been cut and the trailer has been taken. The trailer has flagged up traffic cameras near North Weald. If anyone sees anything, or can help, please let me know. The horses are worthless without their pedigree anyway. I just want them back.

QUOTE FROM JFTD. ANY INFO MSG ME AND I WILL PASS ON.

Lintel

Visit site
Omg. How awful i hope both the boys are found safe and well. Im in Scotland but will keep eyes peeled!
All my love JFTD keep us updated x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Most likely they wandered off or escaped, as the must have wanted the trailer only. I posted about two ponies near me being stolen and got shot down being told they must have escaped and horse/ponies are rarely stolen. One has been found but other missing http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?725487-Ponies-stolen&p=13213384#post13213384.

Hope they are found.
they probably would not have been stolen for their meat value. (of course all equine slaughterhouses here scan for a chip do they not?)
Would be hard to sell such a matched pair with tack etc, or am I deluded? Really hope the owners get this pair back.
Most likely there is another explanation

Last edited:

popsdosh

Visit site

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yes thankfully horses are just too tricky to bother with these days (they nicked a quad round here and let a herd of 4 out.
The one I remember from last year was some 28 year old that had gone missing for several days - he had got out and got stuck in a bush!

Thankfully the same with JFTDs and no one was hurt despite their jolly down an A road.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Letting the horses out at the same time creates a nice distraction for the thieves to get away doesn't it!! Also if everyone including police are looking for a trailer and two greys they may not notice an empty trailer since there are plenty of that kind of trailer on the road.

Cretins. Just glad they are safe. Horrible for JFTD to have gone through this.

Fun Times

Visit site
Ugh, I felt sick when I started reading this thread, but so so pleased they have been found. Poor JFTD, the worry must have driven her crazy.