Jinxed!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Does anyone else have competition venues that are jinxed? Entered both boys for dressage tomorrow. One has rotated his pelvis and is not right behind, the second horse has just ripped a front shoe off and I cannot get hold of my farrier.

This is the third time I have entered at this venue and not once have I managed to compete there.

Disappointed as had been looking forward to getting back out competing.

Sorry to be self-indulgent but feeling rather p'd off!

sea_view

Visit site
No wonder, i'd be totally pee'd off too. Sometimes these things are sent to try us, keep trying the farrier, he's maybe just on a late job.

Good luck!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Oh blimey G what a nightmare!
frown.gif

It's awful when everything goes wrong - so frustrating!
frown.gif

Hope you get hold of your farrier!
Kate x

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Hard luck that is really frustruting.

I qualified for the combined training at the National dressage finals twice and didn't make it either year.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Have text farrier as no answer so will have to wait and see but not hopeful. To make matters even worse I had turned down free Burghley tickets as was supposed to be competing!

Feel a shopping spree coming on to cheer me up.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Oh no!
Yes for me it's Firle! First HT there had a crashing fall half way round the course and then broke down on the way home. Went back later in the season to do an Intro and had to retire SJ!
Sorry to hear they are both out of action
confused.gif
Jemima sends them get well kisses. Too late for Burghley?

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Dover in particular will welcome Jemima's kisses, he does like the ladies!

Unfortunately too late for Burghley as the people who made the offer are already there, they have a tradestand.

Will just have to amuse myself selecting a posh frock for a do I am going to next week.

Peanot

Visit site
Isn`t it a sh*t when that happens. But maybe something is trying to tell you something?
They are both things that can be put right easily so just think ahead to the next event you can go to.
Good Luck with both horses.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Must admit have already thought "oh well, Solihull ODE next week end". Years with horses has led to me having a pretty thick skin and very mobile shoulders, useful for shrugging off all the chips that try to accumulate!

seabiscuit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Must admit have already thought "oh well, Solihull ODE next week end". Years with horses has led to me having a pretty thick skin and very mobile shoulders, useful for shrugging off all the chips that try to accumulate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol- I have developed exactly the same talent Mrs T ! Hope farrier somehow magically rings you back first thing tomorrow and zooms round to put shoe on...so that at least one of your boys can go!Keep praying !!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Oh no, maybe they will have a farrier on site?
Mine would be Holnicote point to point.
First time I rode there I fell off 3 out when in a 10 length lead in a 3 horse race. Second time the horse put 2 front feet in the ditch, broke its pelvis and got me airlifted with suspected broken back.
Never going near the place again.