Jodhpur colours for different disciplines?

K9Wendy

Visit site
I'm about to buy my daughter some new jodhpurs & other bits for next few months ahead.. Could I have some guidance on correct colours for the following please?

Showjumping
Dressage
Working Hunter

Currently she has a black jacket, tweed jacket, white shirt, beige jods, black boots, jockey hat (with black lycra or velvet cover) all colours of gloves.

I want to keep my purchases to the minimum without her being incorrectly dressed. So what's the minimum I can go with here?

the watcher

Visit site
she sounds like she has everything she needs at a novice level. Maybe a blue velvet hat cover and a nice tie and pale blue shirt to go with the tweed ensemble. A show cane (they are quite cheap) .......

How old is your daughter and what type of horse or pony are you trying to match

Oaksflight

Visit site
Beige/cream could do for all to be honest. White or beige for SJ, dresage beige, and Working Hunter beige are fine. So I'd just buy her a nice smart pair of beige that will last!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Oh and for working hunter she should really have lightly coloured shirt (light yellow or light blue) and coloured tie, beige jodhs, and tweed jacket, and a navy velvet hat. Dressage either tweed or black/navy jacket, if you wear tweed I find stocks go better but you do need a coloured stock for tweed, and plain/cream for black/navy jacket. And showjumping, no particular dress really, most go for black/navy jacket with cream stock, but tweed isn't frowned upon either. Ties are a thing of the past in show jumping though!

not_with_it

Visit site
I personally would have white jods to go with the black jacket for dressage. I just think it looks smarter but beige will do.

You sound to have everything you need so get out there and have fun!
laugh.gif

K9Wendy

Visit site
Daughter 13, horse is 15.1hh dark chestnut, her tack is all brown but she has a stitched bridle not a hunter (may have to sort that out). I'm trying not to have too much to buy. Horse is TBx

the watcher

Visit site
You should be able to economise on the bridle by just buying flat nose and brow bands for WH classes. Not sure on the boot situation, at her age she would be expected to wear short boots and jods, ugly but necessary depending on the class. I am sure somebody out there will know the answer.

Other than that it sounds like you might get off quite lightly!

Emily99

Visit site
put her white shirt int he wash with a few feather dusters to dye it cream. then need coloured tie for showing.

For WH need canary jods, then you could prob use beige for everything else.

As she's on a horse i'd prefer to see her in long boots or short boots and gaitors.