jodphur boot help! racing school!

icklechlo

Visit site
Right, here goes! Im going to the British racing school on oct16th - dec 18th.. so its going to be cold!
frown.gif

I have been told I need to ride in smooth soled (or very very fine grip) jodphur boots, but the trouble is I want to find a pair that are warm enough to stop my toes going dead in the winter!
confused.gif
I get credited 50quid towards a pair of boots, so any suggestions on what boots to get would be much apprieciated, any price!
thanks everyone!
chlo x

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I havent found a pair yet that are warm! But I have a pair of toggi ones which are fine grip, just buy a bigger size and wear two pairs of socks.

hayliana

Visit site
i have the perfect solution!!!

try equitector boots. my friend works for them so i get the inside scoop
wink.gif

they're lined with pretty much the exact same material as mountaineering survival blankets, you know the silvery kind? designed to maintain the ideal body temperature, cooling in summer, warming in winter

waterproof, can come with zips or laces, and i think are around £60 (dont quote me on that!)

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Ariat all the way!!!!!!
The cheapest pair that are good for riding out in are about £80.. but i promise once you've worn Ariat, you wont be able to wear anything else (or that's what my feet have told me)..

Plus a girl from the yard wore them to the British Racing School..

foraday

Visit site
Believe me you won't be 'sitting' on horses long enough to get cold.

You do need johdpur boots due to the racing saddle stirrups you will be using. Ariats, mountain horse etc are too big to wear......although the brs only use the safety stirrups you really just need johdpur boots.

You will be up at the crack of dawn to muck out and present your horse-the first two weeks you will be in the indoor school and after that you will progress to the 4 furlong round and then eventually the 1 mile straight.

You will be working very hard and won't get cold!

icklechlo

Visit site
i know exactly what il be doing, but i assure you i will get cold! im going from oct-dec, and i have the most useless feet in the world! i used to work for a riding school, and my feet used to still be numb after muckin out 5 stables and running round leading in lessons.
i know i need joddy boots, but ariats make jod boots that are fine enough, i just need to know about grip etc, theres no chance im gona get a pair of ariat jod boots that wont fit in stirrups, iv got size 3 feet!!!