Jodphur boots

Tempi

Visit site
I wear boots and gaiters to ride in at home, I go through boots like they are going out of fashion, probably a pair every 4-5months as they always split/crack and get worn at the heal (inside).

I ride normally 3-4 horses after work in the evenings, so I need something thats durable and will cope with getting wet when i hose off horses etc. I cant change into wellies everytime after i've finished riding as its too time consuming when I have a lot to do. So i need some that are tough, can cope with getting wet and are light and comfy!

Spendtoomuch

Visit site
I love ariat jodphur boots, mine copied with so much before they finally died. Have trief several other cheaper makes since as ess trying not to spend ariat prices and it has been a false economy would have been brr just buying ariats again.

Leg_end

Visit site
Love my ariats but I do look after them and they last for 4+ years! I did buy YO a pair of waterproof ariat jod boots as I thought they would survive a bit harder treatment but she only got them in Oct so haven't really had a real test yet but if they cracked after even a years use I bet Ariat would replace them as their customer service is brilliant.

Puppy

Visit site
Another vote for ariats - I love my little herritage boots :) I believe they've just brought out an insulated version, too.

kerilli

Visit site
Ariats, ditto. They last for yonks. Must admit I have to buy the lace-ups as the zips always go on me, either won't stay up or split apart, and Ariat wouldn't replace them last time, so I only buy the lace-ups now. Supercomfy gel footbed thingies and very hardwearing (Cobalt Devon Pros for me, usually off ebay!)

deskbound

Visit site
Ariats that I bought at Pontispool this year had died by Hartpury: I looked after them, no mucking out, no bringing in etc - and when I spoke to the stallholder, they said that chances were that Ariat would not replace.... No more ariats for me, but I'm desperate for a decent alternative...

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I bought Brogini ones at HOYS for much cheapness (£25) and so far they have been AWESOME I have even trudged through some mud at home with them and they're holding up much better than some of the other ones I've had.

Had ariats in the past but mine only lasted a year of just riding, but some peoples last an age. Guess I was unlucky? They do look lovely though.

measles

Visit site
Watching this thread with interest as A kills jod boots after 3-4 mon this a pair :( We've pubs Ariats last slightly longer but not enough to justify the extra expense.

The ones that lasted the longest were Hunter jod boots but they are not making them any more as I did a post a while back to see if anyone knew where they could be found.