Jods sizing

Rana

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows how the sizing of jods compares to dress sizes? Been a while since I bought a pair
blush.gif
and a I'm bit out of touch
crazy.gif

Been on one website which reckons a 32 inch waist = a size 18. Does that seem about right?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Well...I am a size 8 normally and I have to have a 10 in jods/breeches. I usually have Dublin but their newer styles are a bit big around the waist on me so need a belt with them. Perfect on the bum and thighs though...which means I've clearly got a fat arse since I last bought a pair
wink.gif

Mine are a 24 and that's supposed to be a size 10.

Rana

Visit site
lol Scotsmare. That would be the obvious thing wouldn't it
blush.gif
I'm at work though, so no tape measure to hand. And I'm bored, so I'm internet shopping
laugh.gif

Thanks both, looks like the range of sizes available has increased a bit since I last looked!

Rana

Visit site
AARGH! Why??? It drives me mad (I could do a whole rant on how much clothes sizing annoys me).

I'm losing weight at the moment, so I think I'm going to get some £10-ish ones from Robinsons - at least if they don't fit well, I won't have wasted much money, and I'll shrink out of them before I wear them out anyway lol.

spookypony

Visit site
I'm a 12 in trousers, and seem to be a 28 in jodhs at the moment. My usual problem is loose around the waist, tight on the bum, and loose on the legs...big booty, I guess!
wink.gif

Rana

Visit site
Oooh, yes please, can I have the link
smile.gif

Spookypony - I have the opposite problem - "normal" waist + bum, small legs, massive hips. If I buy them to fit my waist/bum and end up straining the zips. Or if I buy them to fit my hips, they're loose everywhere else!

I have the same problem with jeans *sigh*