Joe moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Quick question, how does he not know voice commands..?? Genuinely curious as I thought he had been driven, or did I dream that ?
Can't comment on the video as everything looks lame to me when it's going round in circles ??

smolmaus

Visit site
Love him. Maybe I should employ you to help me find my next project.
Glad to know I'm not the only one had that thought lol but if you could school them for me as well @ycmb I'll give you the price of a reasonably healthy kidney ?

Hes a beautiful looking boy, and the personality you've described in him I think comes through in the video. He's trying so hard, non-denominational diety love him!! ?

Visit site
He will be ok in time. He doesn't lift his feet very high off the ground though does he? Maybe I am just too used to seeing TB's trot though some of them are quite shuffly too.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Quick question, how does he not know voice commands..?? Genuinely curious as I thought he had been driven, or did I dream that ?

He was broken to drive by men with pronounced northern accents, he doesn't get my high southern female voice at all ?

It's very strange that he doesn't seem to understand the whip, though. But it's great that he's never been hit by one.

Last edited:

southerncomfort

Visit site
In four weeks the only problem I've had with him is that if I have another horse on a rope, he will walk into the rope to put himself between me and the other horse. He is the sweetest, gentlest, most human orientated creature I've ever owned, I love his personality, his looks, and I'm really excited about his potential too.

I bought him to give me options for next winter, and if it comes to a decision between him and my PRE mare so I can go back to two in the autumn, it's currently him who will be staying. She's a wonderful horse, but he's grabbed me emotionally in a way she never has.

I've had exclusively mares for years and I would usually say that I much prefer them. However, I must admit that having a young gelding who is very affectionate and wants to be my buddy, is rather lovely!

I think the connection with geldings can be much quicker, whereas mares can take a while to drop their defences. They can be a lot harder to get to know I think.

You've a good eye for a diamond in the rough ycbm and its going to be really interesting watching him develop.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
He is such a nice workmanlike little horse and looks as though he will be a very comfortable ride. Some thing you can sit into rather than perch on if you know what I mean.

ycbm

Visit site
Deleted, not worth a reply.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
He doesn't just "look not right on the lunge". He is a very young and inexperienced horse doing a tiny "circle" for the first time ever.

How anyone can say he is "shuffling" when he isn't even kicking up the arena surface is beyond me.

And if you mean, Shils, "to anyone wondering if he's lame the answer is yes", it is not. He is not lame, I see him moving all the time and I know.

We had a whole group of people enjoying me sharing my new little horse and a a couple of people just want to spoil it all and bring me down. I have absolutely no idea what I do to deserve this shit.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
He’s really lovely! Do you plan to back him this summer?

I'm still working out whether to keep Deza or not but I think the answer will be no. I plan to start leaning over him and judging how much of an issue he's going to be to get backed and whether I want to do that, late May/June. I won't part with Deza until I'm sure he's going to be OK to ride. But he's very bum high at the moment (2 inches or more) and I wouldn't want him working while he's that unbalanced.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
He's seems like the good functional type, and by that I mean a comfortable horse to ride with a great personality. The kind of horse that can do a little bit of everything that you can have fun with. The kind that is just nice to be around.

I think trusting your gut on when to back him is a good call, and there's no rush.

Do you just not feel as attached to Deza or is her management still a bit difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.