Joe moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealine

Visit site
I'm enjoying your updates. He looks great and the view from your arena looks great too. I'm jealous on both accounts.

Michen

Visit site
I just say things as I see them. To me the horse isn't the best of movers even if he is just plodding round in a circle.

He's a workmanlike small horse/oversized pony. For his "type" and what he is, he's a nice mover. That's where the comparison needs to be.

There's no point comparing a horse like this to a thoroughbred or any other sort of sports horse.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
If you have nothing nice to say...

That's a bit unfair, I don't think that EOAS was being horrible..?? Just giving her thoughts...that's allowed..??
You can't post threads and expect every person to agree with you or you'll be sorely disappointed very quickly. Hell if I was offended every time I got told off on here I'd be a gibbering Wreck by now ??

YBCM, I didn't realise you weren't happy with Deza, you seemed so thrilled with her, has she not turned out how you wanted..?? It's a real shame as I know you had a very emotional reaction to sitting on her the first time, I really thought you two were going to get on great.

tristar

Visit site
first time on the lunge you have to keep it small to drive them forwards and be there with them

unbalanced means nothing at all at the start, he shows rhythm and a little elevation despite being so very very novice y and growing at the mo.

all this something wrong is making me sick, for god sake, i`ve seen many times, an unworked horse fumbling around, yet as it tightens and gets fit changes completely, there is nothing wrong with it, just lack of proper work immaturity etc.

i like mine to plod,when cold on the lunge, even the older ones, to start with i let them do what feels right, a kind of warming up and shaking out of the cobwebs, then move on to something more demanding, because they are not machines and once broken you can`t get new parts

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well he is just the type of horse i like, substantial but not a heavy cob, a good riding club type who could do a bit of everything...his paces look fine to me and he looks sound and how i would expect a young horse on a smallish circle to look. he also seems to have a nice sensible nature which is priceless IMO. Please keep posting for those of us who like him and would like to see his progress...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I just say things as I see them. To me the horse isn't the best of movers even if he is just plodding round in a circle.

1.You weren't asked for your opinion.

2. I never said he was the best mover. A month ago he was pulling a gypsy trap.

3. The convention among people who are polite, if not actually asked for their opinion, is either to say nothing or to compliment the colour, the kind eye or anything else and to keep their negative opinion to themselves.

Now it's "plodding"? Are you sure you have enough salt there to keep rubbing in the wound, Elf?

I have no idea why you want to take the joy out of this thread either for me or for other people who were having fun.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
YBCM, I didn't realise you weren't happy with Deza, you seemed so thrilled with her, has she not turned out how you wanted..?? It's a real shame as I know you had a very emotional reaction to sitting on her the first time, I really thought you two were going to get on great.

I'm not unhappy with her, I'm just not connected with her and she makes work in her management needs that wouldn't be a problem if I was connected with her, but I'm not.

PREs are, as Cortez points out, "different". I have enjoyed finding out the differences, but I'm unconvinced that it's a difference that I want to experience long term.

Visit site
1.You weren't asked for your opinion.

2. I never said he was the best mover. A month ago he was pulling a gypsy trap.

3. The convention among people who are polite, if not actually asked for their opinion, is either to say nothing or to compliment the colour, the kind eye or anything else and to keep their negative opinion to themselves.

Now it's "plodding"? Are you sure you have enough salt there to keep rubbing in the wound, Elf?

I have no idea why you want to take the joy out of this thread either for me or for other people who were having fun.

But it's OK for you to do it to pretty much every person on this forum over the years under whatever name you have that week? And saying much much worse than the horse isn't a great mover and a plod? Hmm OK luv.

ycbm

Visit site
But it's OK for you to do it to pretty much every person on this forum over the years under whatever name you have that week? And saying much much worse than the horse isn't a great mover and a plod? Hmm OK luv.

I have posted as ycbm on this forum and no other user name for 6 years. Previous to that I posted under my real name for 7 years until being hunted around the forum by people trying to get a reaction out of me (which was all too easy) made me desperate to change my user name, and with the full approval of Admin I tried to do that change for about a month, but it made things even worse. You have changed your user name at least as often as I have mine.

I don't recall ever offering negative comment on anyone's horse if it wasn't asked for. I've never, to my recollection, called anyone's horse names of any sort. I have no idea what you are talking about.

This was a joyful thread being enjoyed by a lot of people. I do not know what I have done to deserve this personal attack, but I know the others who were getting fun out of it don't deserve to have it derailed with this bad feeling.

Please stop this and take it to PM if you have a personal issue with me.

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
Can we please reset this thread? I don't think I've bought the next Valegro or Charisma. I do think I've got a bit of a bargain, a sound horse, and a very useful all rounder in the making. And I know I've got a delightful personality in the herd.

I just want to share a bit of that good feeling with forum members. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

AandK

Visit site
Can we please reset this thread? I don't think I've bought the next Valegro or Charisma. I do think I've got a bit of a bargain, a sound horse, and a very useful all rounder in the making. And I know I've got a delightful personality in the herd.

I just want to share a bit of that good feeling with forum members. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

Definitely not too much to ask for!

He looks like a smart, useful chap and the fact he has had such an impact on you speaks volumes. At the end of the day, it is your opinion of him that matters, as you are the one who bought him! I have to agree with the overwhelming majority on this thread, he was an absolute bargain and I look forward to hearing more as he grows up.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
YCBM, don't take it so personally: it's still a happy thread, nobody's trying to rain on your BBQ. You are thrilled with your new horse, and that's all that matters. FWIW, and following my granny's advice to say nothing if I've nothing nice to say, I find the most entrancing thing about him is the price, but that's entirely irrelevant.

And he's not lame.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm not unhappy with her, I'm just not connected with her and she makes work in her management needs that wouldn't be a problem if I was connected with her, but I'm not.

PREs are, as Cortez points out, "different". I have enjoyed finding out the differences, but I'm unconvinced that it's a difference that I want to experience long term.

"I'm unconvinced that it's a difference that I want to experience long term." That does sum it up nicely for me some days ?

Jokes aside, in this market, you'll have no problem selling her.

PRE's aren't for everyone, and that's totally fine. So many horses out there and we all have our type and/or the ones we just connect with.

tristar

Visit site

but he will be a good mover, its there now, and when fit who knows? no one yet.

just be kind to the babies, they can`t speak for themselves and have so far to go, find it in yourself to give them a chance

and please carry on ycbm you are doing great, you are one of life`s tryers

Last edited:

Palindrome

Visit site
He will be grand and a good mover once he starts stepping under and using his abs, for now he is just looking around as young horses (or not so young) do. I am sure it would be a completely different picture if he was stepping over ground poles and using himself more, but for now he is learning what lunging is so it's normal to take it one step at a time.

Visit site
I have posted as ycbm on this forum and no other user name for 6 years. Previous to that I posted under my real name for 7 years until being hunted around the forum by people trying to get a reaction out of me (which was all too easy) made me desperate to change my user name, and with the full approval of Admin I tried to do that change for about a month, but it made things even worse. You have changed your user name at least as often as I have mine.

I don't recall ever offering negative comment on anyone's horse if it wasn't asked for. I've never, to my recollection, called anyone's horse names of any sort. I have no idea what you are talking about.

This was a joyful thread being enjoyed by a lot of people. I do not know what I have done to deserve this personal attack, but I know the others who were getting fun out of it don't deserve to have it derailed with this bad feeling.

Please stop this and take it to PM if you have a personal issue with me.

Babez I have only ever had this account, it changed to an Xmas name 2 years ago and never changed it back but you can see all of my posts from day dot on this one account. Its pretty obvious who I am. So no, defos not as many names as you have portrayed yourself under over the years depending on who you disagreed with at the time hun.

paddy555

Visit site
he's a lovely kind young horse.. You love him, he loves you. At the end of the day that is all that matters. :D

You have got a lovely useful all round type of horse (for a bargain price) that is the type that many of this thread would give a lot for. He fits in with your management, appears to have a temperament to die for so what more can anyone want.
There are plenty of places on this forum to argue just not here.

ycbm

Visit site
Babez I have only ever had this account, it changed to an Xmas name 2 years ago and never changed it back but you can see all of my posts from day dot on this one account. Its pretty obvious who I am. So no, defos not as many names as you have portrayed yourself under over the years depending on who you disagreed with at the time hun.

I have used two user names, this one for 6 years and my real name for 7, except for about one month when I wanted to move away from my actual name in 2014, seven years ago, an attempt that backfired very badly. I don't know what other users you think I have posted as, but you are wrong. I don't hide my opinions, I am what you see under this user name and my real name, which I have never hidden, it's on the video on this thread. Will you please stop this, or at least take it off line to PM.

Last edited:

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Well I like him. The price is amazing. He moves as I would expect a baby to. He moves better than most horses I have seen at many times the price. I am really pleased for you. I think you are brave to put a video up. I tend to PM videos to people I think would like to see them, if I share.

ycbm

Visit site
I think you are brave to put a video up. I tend to PM videos to people I think would like to see them, if I share.

Advice I give myself every time Red, yet I do it again and again and expect a different result. What an idiot I am ???

Status
Not open for further replies.