Joe moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I managed to get some video of Joe lunging. It's low quality to get the upload to go through in a reasonable time. And he obviously hasn't been lunged much, if at all, he has no voice commands or understanding of the whip. But he trots quietly round me in a circle with just a headcollar on, showing what a sweet boy he is. I'm very happy with this trot, it's the basis of a solid working trot that can be improved with schooling, and he's still very bum high and I expect it to improve when he levels up as well. (If you think you can see any lameness, you can't, it's either a little lad unused to circling, a mismatch between the frame speed and his legs, or your imagination :) ).

I couldn't be any happier with my latest purchase, he's exactly what it says on the tin!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ycbm

Visit site
How you found him for that price in this market is nothing short of a miracle ?

I am still shaking my head over that bit! I've leaned over him and I think he's going to be a doddle to back. I'm pretty certain there's a very nice 15.3 mature horse to come. He has the straightest action of anything I've ever owned, as well. And such a cuddly sweetheart to have around.

ycbm

Visit site
Such a smart lad! There’s so much to like about him, his wonderful attitude really shines through in that video!

In four weeks the only problem I've had with him is that if I have another horse on a rope, he will walk into the rope to put himself between me and the other horse. He is the sweetest, gentlest, most human orientated creature I've ever owned, I love his personality, his looks, and I'm really excited about his potential too.

I bought him to give me options for next winter, and if it comes to a decision between him and my PRE mare so I can go back to two in the autumn, it's currently him who will be staying. She's a wonderful horse, but he's grabbed me emotionally in a way she never has.

Zuzan

Visit site
In four weeks the only problem I've had with him is that if I have another horse on a rope, he will walk into the rope to put himself between me and the other horse. He is the sweetest, gentlest, most human orientated creature I've ever owned, I love his personality, ........... .

That's a really lovely trait.. my PB CB does this .. and if I'm talking to another human she will stand as if part of the conversation too.. All the CB's I met when I went on my buy a youngster from a breeder tour of UK were like this .. hugely into humans and quite insistent about it .. not saying other breeds / liquorice all sorts aren't but it's something that really stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.