John Adams SJ clinic

tuscanyD

Visit site
He seems to do a lot of these around the country - I don't follow competition much and can't find him on the wibbly wobbly web.
Who is he? Anyone been to his clinics?
Any good?

lisaward

Visit site
he is fantastic /out of this world/ a star /awesome
what more can i say.
when i did my AI he was riding the sj's based at the yard and he rode grade A's - right down to novices.
he got me to jump which is a feet in itself.
he is a lovely kind but firm rider.
i know he does lessons now and he does a lot for eventers i think he has produced some BYEH's.
he did used to teach piggy french before she moved.
i saw him teach my friend last week on her eventer and it was great to see how he taught xc over sj's
he used skinnies and corners and second parts of doubles etc..
out of 10 i'd give him a 10,but i've always admired him.

tuscanyD

Visit site
So you wouldn't have to be the next Caroline Bradley [showing my age there...] to get a lesson from him?
He's not one of those who gets impatient with numpties?

lisaward

Visit site
i would say that as long as you are trying he'll be fine.
he doesn't have much patience with moaners (who does !!)
i am a complete woss when it comes to jumping and in a lesson i won with him he had me jumping the same course he'd just done on his grade B.
he manages to instill lots of confidence in you
i'll try and fine some pics of him .
on the front cover of the book about the riding school where i did my AI he is riding at wembley.

hope this helps

Thistle

Visit site
I know him well. He teaches at our PC and his daughter is the same age as my son. He is really just another PC parent to me, all be it one with a talent! We are lucky to have PC clinics with him regularly, he teaches clinics starting at 2'6".
Through our PC we get the clinics for £10 as he donates his time free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thistle

Visit site
All the ponies at our PC know him so well he only has to hiss behind them and they all shoot off and will then jump anything (all with the exception of my youngster that is!)

He really mucks in at PC to do his bit too, just like other parents, his wife is nice too.