John Whitaker rug sizing?

Beth_0480

Visit site
I found them quite true to size but not so generous near the wither and shoulders. seemed to rub there more than other rugs of same size. Saying that I’ve got a chunky cob :)

Spottyappy

Visit site
have found the opposite to Beth!
a 6’ is massive on the shoulders of my gypsy cob x, but fits my welsh D really well, and he usually takes 6’3”.
the gypsy cob x fits weatherbeeta really well, incase that’s a helpful indication!

throwawayaccount

Visit site
I have 2 whitaker turnouts for my mare, the pink one with a detachable neck fits perfectly
the blue one with a non-detachable neck fits OK but is a bit 'gappy' at the front so doesn't cover her up entirely.

AFB

Visit site
Personally I'm not a fan - I bought 3 and they all leak, two have also torn really easily.

I find they gape around the shoulders on mine, but otherwise I'd say pretty true to size.

Louby

Visit site
Thank you all :)
I have a 3 yr old Highland pony that is inbetween sizes. He hasnt been rugged at all but has decided to rub his tail so Ive been putting an Amigo Aussie on overnight basically to try and protect it. I could do with a 2nd rug as the Aussie gets filthy and want a spare for when thats washed but they are quite expensive so seen the JW waterproof fly rug and thought that may do the trick as hopefully it wont be too warm, its only £35, so half the price of the Aussie. Other stable sheets Ive seen dont have a tail flap, plus thought the JW could come in handy in the future. Im not too sure now lol!!

Uliy

Visit site
I bought a fly rug which was also a great deal compared to others... the reason being that it was designed by someone who’d never been near a horse!!
The belly straps were placed too low on the rug, so they were so low to the ground even once done up that it was dangerous and my mare would definitely have caught a leg in them. Really badly designed! However, that’s just my experience of one rug! But I’d check out reviews before ever buying another.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I only have 1 and it leaks in heavy rain and it's not that old, I would say they are true to size I have a 6"3 and all his other rugs are a 6"3 including shires and weatherbeeta.