joint supplements for teen

Firehorse

Visit site
my boy is 16 and has quite a few miles on the clock. he is retired from competing and is a hacking horse now. he lives out 24/7 and is ridden 3 or 4 times a week. from 1 hour up to the occassional 4 hr hack in summer, usual is more like 1 and a 1/2 hours. plenty of hill work up and down, lots of gallops up!

ive had him 3 years. in the last year he's gone from an over excitable tearaway to somewhere almost ploddy. the vet and farrier has said he's little stiff in his hocks. he seems to feel it more at the beginning of hack before he's has time to warm up, where we have to walk down hill on the road. its not far, but he really slows up. he's also lost his "edge", "fizz". but i think that's down to our bond now. he's tanked off in the past and i had confidence issues for a while, but now if he starts to bubble up, i know i can control him and he settles after a few moments.

anyhow, he's been on micronised linseed since feb but i dont think it's helped his joints. he is very shiney!! can anyone recommend anything else to try that doesnt cost a fortune?

his diet is a large scoop of happy hoof a day. 6 weeks ago i started him on 16 plus cubes. he gets 1 coffee cup a day. 2 coffee cups make him really spooky and reactive!

many thx!

TandD

Visit site
naf joint flex! wouldnt be without it! can notice a difference in my boy within 3 days if he comes off it/goes back on it!

mightymammoth

Visit site
Another vote for suppleaze gold, google pet medicine company and buy it from there it's cheaper than buing it from the makers website.

WelshTilly

Visit site
Equus Flexi limbs no Chondroitin or fillers just MSM/Glucosamine HCL a little lasts a long time so very cost effective, I have also had positive responses with NAF Superflex I really notice a difference in my mare when she doesn't have it

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
another for NAF jointflex...far cheaper than a lot of products!

our 14.2hh 17 y/o Cushings mare is on it (just getting back into gentle hacking but gets stiff for the first five minutes or so) and so is our 16.2hh 11 y/o ISH (4-5 days medium/hard work/week) - doing both of them good :)

K x