Joint supplements

Nic

Visit site
Has anyone used the NAF 5* joint supplement?

Need to get my boy on one and swithering between NAF & Cortaflex.

Opinions on both gratefully received.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yep, see the stable yard forum, I posted raving about this stuff!

I used cortaflex years ago on another pony (who was showing signs of stiffness) but it did nothing.

I put my eventer on Superflex a few weeks ago just as a general maintenence thing (he didnt seem stiff or anything) and OMG what a difference. I evented him last weekend and he was a different horse! He obviously felt SO good he was raring to go! Great for the XC but a bit dodgy for the dressage......!!

Its definately works though, especially as I didnt even think my boy was stiff. Im now putting my other 2 on it as we speak!

Nic

Visit site
Fab thanks MM I was leaning towards NAF anyway, Vet has told us to pump something like it into D.

It's not looking good his 2 week trot up is tomorrow & he isn't sound yet.

Don't know how I am going to wait another 2 weeks to find out if he will event again
frown.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
My 6yr TB gelding was going lame last year - so had vets out and did x-rays and he has arthritis in his right hock - suggested that I put him on bute perm for rest of life - but not happy bout this as destroys liver eventually - so have had him on "no-bute" (devils claw) and NAF Msm, glucosomine etc for a year and can not tell that he is an arthritic old git now - works really well. Good luck! (Oh by the way - it makes the hooves grow faster too - so had to get shod every 5 wks in stead of 7!)

Chumsmum

Visit site
I have been using Cortaflex HA for about 6 weeks now. However, Chum has injured his tendon since then and has been on box rest so I haven't seen any difference (he is still stiff). I was thinking of carrying on with it until I can turn him out on paddock rest (next week) to see what happens when he is moving about more but was wondering how long it takes to have an effect - if any??

Pasha

Visit site
My boy injured his knee in the field and being 19 also has a bit of arthritus. My vet suggested putting him on cortaflex and it did make a slight improvement but nothing major. Then we tried NAF 5* Superflex and wow what a difference!! He's bouncing around like a 5yr old, tearing up bridlepaths - it's great stuff!

classiclady

Visit site
supper flex all the way. My horse was lame due to ocd, my vet told me to put her on cortaflex but my feed merchant only sold superflex so i bought the liquid first and within two weeks she wasn't half as lame. By week three she was sound. She has since gone on to be sucsessful inhand showing winning a number of classes including getting her name mentioned in Horse and Hound.