JUBILANT LEAGUE

Nigel

Visit site
THE LEAGUE AGAINST CRUEL SPORTS WERE IN A JUBILANT MOOD IT WAS REPORTED YESTERDAY. Not because of the prosecution of Tony Wright as you might expect, but at the recently released survey from the middle way group that shows increased suffering since the ban from shooting, snaring and poisoning. A Jubilant source close to the League said “It’s amazing we had at least six former staff members leave including a chairman and chief executive after suspecting a ban on hunting with dogs would lead to more suffering and they were absolutely spot on”. “We are so pleased for them” commented another.
However the R.S.PC.A`s Jackie Ballard remained defiant she said “there is no absolute proof that wounded foxes suffer". The Countryside Alliance refused to comment but are known to be furious….ends

Cheers & Chuckles

Nigel

Mary_Westmacott

New User
Visit site
My goodness, I really don't know what to make of this. When I get all muddle-headed like you I make myself a nice cup of tea and completely clear my mind. I find I feel quite refreshed afterwards. If it's the evening, of course, I have a couple of fingers of malt whisky - that always does the trick too!

Nigel

Visit site
Dear Mary,

I had a cup of tea and custard creams but still remained muddle-headed, perhaps you could help me in my predicament? Richard Course ex LACS chief/exec and chairman obtained bans on hunting on land owned by the co-operative in the 80`s, but to his dismay witnessed increased suffering through shotgun shooting and snaring. In his words by trying to relieve suffering I only contributed to increasing it. If the league are concerned about welfare why did they persist with the ban? Perhaps I should try bourbons.

Cheers & Chuckles

Nigel

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Why do you think they are so keen on shooting?

What has reducing suffering got to do with banning hunting?

The suffering of foxes wounded by shooting may be far worse than that from hunting but it is irrelevant as they crawl away and do it in private.

The important thing is that Mary and the rest of LACS feel good about themselves.

This is about power not animal welfare.

Mary couldn't give a damn about animal welfare.