Jumbo gelding over there >>>>>€

Auslander

Visit site
This ad caught my eye too - I used to look after Jumbo, and he was the most gorgeous stallion. This chap is so similar - if I was looking, I'd be very tempted to go and see him

Goldenstar

Visit site
Get behind me in the virtual queue Auslander .
Just wondering if I should persuade MrGS he needs another horse coming alone behind his two.

Luci07

Visit site
We have one of his (stallion) sons at our yard. Stunning chesnut horse who was incredibly versatile. Evented and hunted as a stallion as well.

Nicnac

Visit site
Not great pic but what a super horse. The top class 3 yr old isn't bad either. Luckily my stables are full and my bank account empty :D:D

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's ridiculous picture to put with a over 7k three year old .
However I never met a bad Jumbo baby the perfect balance of performance and temperament
I like the falling out the sky horse he looks like he will make a nice size but at my age we would not have a job for him.
It's a good time to get an unbroken three year old they have the rest of the winter to settle with you and then you can start them in the spring .
But I am not in position to buy a three yo says she firmly to herself .

Velcrobum

Visit site
There is a video of the 3yr old falling out of the sky. The ad claims the Horse is 15.3 I think. In the video it looks smaller much much smaller, unless the person grooming him is very tall but I don't think so !!

PorkChop

Visit site
Much as I think the Jumbo baby is very smart, any Jumbo offspring I have met have needed to be ridden like you stole them! They have all been lovely, but one for a competent amateur or professional.

Auslander

Visit site
Much as I think the Jumbo baby is very smart, any Jumbo offspring I have met have needed to be ridden like you stole them! They have all been lovely, but one for a competent amateur or professional.

Very true!
Jumbo was an absolute gentleman - one of the most mannerly horses I've ever had the pleasure of handling, but quite a few of his offspring were challenging. I think they mellow as they get older, but they seemed to have the same "No, No, and again I say NO" button.

ihatework

Visit site

I agree, I haven't warmed to any of the Jumbos I've ridden, their personality doesn't seem to suit mine. I'd probably not consider buying one however smart it was. That said it's probably my issue rather than the horses, Jumbo has been a complete legend in what he has produced

rachk89

Visit site
Picture is awful for how much they want. I know he is only 3 but its still handy to be able to see the horse properly. Of course that could mean they are hiding something and hoping the breeding will get buyers.

HashRouge

Visit site
Lots and lots of people would love a small warmblood they are hard to find
I really don't think that is the case. True they are probably outnumbered by the big ones, but there are a lot of very nice small warmbloods being produced nowadays. I worked with some very nice ones that were under 16hh, including quite a few lovely British bred ones.

junglefairy

Visit site
I really don't think that is the case. True they are probably outnumbered by the big ones, but there are a lot of very nice small warmbloods being produced nowadays. I worked with some very nice ones that were under 16hh, including quite a few lovely British bred ones.

Please tell me where I can find them? All I see advertised in general is 16.2hh+ 3/4 yr olds that's are only set to grow another inch or 2.

Last edited:

Auslander

Visit site
Please tell me where I can find them? All I see advertised in general is 16.2hh+ 3/4 yr olds that's are only set to grow another inch or 2.

Does it have to be warmblood? I've got a little rising 3yo ISH by Basil III Masterpiece here - moves like a dream, and is a smart little horse. 84yo Owner is reducing his stock, and everything must go!