Jump Cross report

Scoopy

Visit site
Well Jump Cross was wicked ! The ground was lovely and soft, First we had a great SJ lesson, our trainer was great, she re trains race horses, so she had so much time for him, she mad me really ride him, and made him crash into a fence when he got really naughty (but not crash as you think crash), which put him in shock, then he started to listen to me for once, then he jumped very well, but was scary when he crashed the fence but it worked. Then went on the jump cross and he was a star, I was really pleased with him, gave me a really good feeling, he know listens to me and does not do what he wants to do ! but we are going up there once a month to have a lesson with her, I did get some pics but the camera is at home hehe ! the trainer loved him and wanted to take him home. There was only one sticky moment when i went through the water and there was a horse on the other side, i saw her at the last min, and she told me to stop and stand still as her horse was going nuts, mmmmmmmmmmm yeah right i had just jumped a fence, and was in full flight ! so i stood still untill she had gone, which was good for my boy to stand still and not play up, he stood like an angel !
grin.gif

Gave him a day off yesterday and legs are all ok, might give him another day off today as he really did work hard bless him.

So really had a fab day with him, now i know how to control his temper, life is so much easier !
grin.gif

allijudd

Visit site
Thats great to hear, why did you have a SJ lesson first? Was it just the warm up?
What did you think of Jumpcross compared to normal XC?

katelarge

Visit site
oooh how fab! pics ASAP please! I am very jealous and want to book myself to come along and groom/take pics for your next one!

As for the small "battle" - you do need to have these, Cairo is like this, ther is usually a standoff before he REALLY starts working well. It's because he is smart and a bit wily, he thinks if he strops about a bit he can get to do what he wants. It's odd as I've never fallen for it and neither did his old owner, but he still likes to see if he can get away with it!

I'm so glad we've had all this rain recently, finally the ground is rideable and it's great that his legs are OK! Clever horse and clever you! XXX

Scoopy

Visit site
We had a lesson first as i did not want to go straight out on the jumpcross, the lesson was great a real confidence giver ! But was really like a warm up, to get him jumping right before we went out.

I loved the Jump cross, but its really quite strange, as you have to be so carefull with the fences, as they knock down so easy, at the same time your trying to cover the ground. But the lakes are fab, there was alot of people around the course though, so you had to keep your eyes open !
grin.gif